Lore Week Skype Voicechat

Rias
Lore Hermit

Lore Week Skype Voicechat

Post by Rias »

If we can have someone act as a scribe or something, I'd love to do a Skype voicechat about lore stuff tonight.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Re: Lore Week III!

Post by Kiyaani »

I would like to know. That's why I asked =/

Also, I do think Sceptus said something about it once or twice, but with all the changes to the outpost I'm not sure if that lore is being retconned or altered. A refresher would be appreciated <3

I can scribe if you want.

Thanks for getting these updates out so fast too by the way!
Kiyaani

Re: Lore Week Skype Voicechat

Post by Kiyaani »

What time is this going to be at?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

7:00 PM MST
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

So, the chat degraded quickly into not-lore chat, but here's what we had. Some of it is direct quotes, some is paraphrased. Deal with it:

Rias hates Valynna (just so everyone knows)

Question: What is the history of the udemi – how did they and the utasa get connected?

Rithiel: Ask IC – there are some PCs who know.

Question: Is there anything about the udemi that is general knowledge that would be known and isn’t on the wiki or is that all guild secrets? Are they just protectors of nature?

Rithiel: It’s less protectors of nature and more finding a balance between nature and civilization. There is a story of how and why they formed and a few people know in-character. It’s not that it’s meant to be secretive, but they are pragmatic as an organization so they’re more interested in the task at hand than studying history. They aren’t going to force people to fall into a cookie cutter idealism, but the higher ups follow certain ideas and ideals.

The forest-y side look to balance people and nature in nature and utasa focuses on keeping civilization clean from what might screw it up and balancing it that way.

Tse Gaiyan: http://wiki.contrarium.net/index.php/Tse_Gaiyan

Question: What is the Dwaedn Wyr connection to Druidism and druidic guilds?

Rias: They are not druids so much in communing with nature and stuff like that. They’re more about the animal spirits. They have a lot of respect for the animal spirits and I added it recently to the wiki why they fight with animals – they fight animals and animals fight us (Dwaedn) and we make each other stronger. It's about mutually beneficial growth. They don’t have access to druidry.

They get along (with the other druidic guilds) – they have more of a connection to druidic guilds than outsiders – but they’re not into nature as much as them. They are more about finding a path to enlightenment or perfection via the animal spirits and challenging themselves.

Question: How do the udemi/utasa feel about symbiants in general or one in their midst?

Rithiel: That has to be addressed via RP. It’s not general knowledge.

Question: What does riln look like?

Rias: Your face

Question: Will gloves protect you from the effects of ferrous metal if you’re tainted?

Rias: Close proximity will affect you regardless of what you’re wearing. (This is both lore and mechanics)

Question: Is riln stone or metal?

Rias: Metal. I’ve been wanting to say silver and gold, but I’m not sure.

Question: What is the stance the elemancer college has on steam tech?

Rias: They aren’t into steam tech. They’re about figuring out how to get elements to do what they want. They’re not as interested in applying them to mechanics.

Question: Where did the Claw come from?

Rias: You have to figure that out in-game

Question: What’s the lore behind the water elementals?

Rias: You’re going to have to, good luck, get that from the Hyra.
Laroremas

Post by Laroremas »

Thank you for recording these questions and answers.

Return to “General world discussion”