Lore Week III!

Skjotur

Re: Lore Week III!

Post by Skjotur »

I would like to know more about Dusklamp as well as the Willow Asylum and surrounding ruins. I would be willing to quest for information but is anything known about those places by locals? Westbrook is close to the Asylum and ruins, do they have anything to say about it?

Some more druid lore would be cool too. Like on other druid groups and if there are any rituals or regular gatherings or anything. I know there has to be more druids than the Dunwyr, Udemi, and Dwaedn Wyr.

Lastly I want to know what firestones are. I don't think there was ever a decisive answer.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

I've noticed that lightning/electricity are rather ubiquitously absent from the wiki (and by extension any documented guild abilities). Is electricity a recognized/studied phenomenon? Have elemancers ever successfully manipulated it?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

While Elemancers can produce steam, or even raw lightning at will, it has been said they have not and will likely never focus on blending the practice into mechanical or mundane uses.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Nootau wrote:While Elemancers can produce steam, or even raw lightning at will, it has been said they have not and will likely never focus on blending the practice into mechanical or mundane uses.
Ah, right. Should have searched this board. Lots of talk of electricity. Thanks!
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

He does make a good point though. Usually when one thinks of raw spells that a mage may cast, there are three main elements that come to mind: fire, ice, and lightning. Will the Elemancers ever have access to lightning-based attacks? Maybe it could be an addition to air at higher levels, with the possibility to stun the target.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Drayla wrote:He does make a good point though. Usually when one thinks of raw spells that a mage may cast, there are three main elements that come to mind: fire, ice, and lightning. Will the Elemancers ever have access to lightning-based attacks? Maybe it could be an addition to air at higher levels, with the possibility to stun the target.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. After reading Nootau's response I searched the board and found out that elemancer's already can make lightning (though it requires channeling multiple elements). See viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1038&p=16267&hilit ... ity#p16267 (It uses channeling directly, rather than a specific "cast" command -- and so isn't documented on the wiki)
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Lightning is not something so meek to stun a target. It is better used killing someone out right, I have not has as much success with the channel as some others it seems, I'll stick with hurling flaming stone chunks at people. Bout as effective.

Return to “General world discussion”