Stone Canyon wilderness isn't real wilderness.

Skjotur

Stone Canyon wilderness isn't real wilderness.

Post by Skjotur »

Can I please get some consideration for changing the Stone Canyon environs to not be wilderness? You can travel the canyon instantly but go off the path and it takes so much longer and you burn through food, yet the rooms don't look like wilderness outside this area. They are enclosed rooms with set paths, not open wilderness like outside. It doesn't add up that you can travel the canyon in an instant but the areas around it are treated as miles wide like wilderness, and yet they both lead to the same end location, the Red Lake.

I hesitate for this request because I do feel like them being wilderness means less people go there because it's harder and so it feels more like pristine untouched wilderness. But it just burns me every time I take the roundabout path and I have to eat so much more and it takes so much longer yet I end up at the same place I would have gone to if I went through the canyon.
Skjotur

Re: Stone Canyon wilderness isn't real wilderness.

Post by Skjotur »

I think a way to keep the Stone Canyon environs feeling more wild and less traveled would be to put a lot of places where you have to swim or climb. Give it a real untraveled wilderness feel. So only the people who are willing to make climbs and swims would be able to go around the canyon, others would go straight through the canyon which is much easier.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Someone's going to like the new area I'm designing.

On-topic: Yeah, it is weird. I'll see what the other GMs think.
The lore compels me!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

For what it's worth, I completely agree with Skjotur.

Return to “General world discussion”