Affliction threads

Acarin

Affliction threads

Post by Acarin »

Any chance we could have threads for afflictions with access to each for only people with that affliction (like is currently done for sneaky guilds). I know currently that only one would be used by more than 1 or 2 people, but it would be nice to have a forum to be able to discuss them without giving everything away. Just for consideration...
Jaren

Re: Affliction threads

Post by Jaren »

I don't think very many afflicted people are online that often but if you want to share some ideas I don't think sharing it here in an OOC context will give too much away. Just remind people that their character should not magically know this information.

Also if one wishes to discuss the subject without allowing others to know they have an affliction, they could create a forum alt just for that purpose. And if all else fails you could also have that person send e-mailed suggestions to the GMs.

Undead Thread
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I just thought that all the details of game afflictions weren't supposed to be known publicly even in the OOC sense. I have no issue discussing them publicly as I only have one character and everyone knows his affliction so I really wouldn't be giving anything away, personally.

It's just nice to have forums to openly discuss ideas in without the fear of giving too much away to people who aren't aware of certain more secret game aspects.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I don't think there's enough affliction PCs out there anyway, I think I only know of like... three.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Lun, I know of at least 8:
2 canims (only 1 active), 4-6 major taints, and one (possibly more?) of each of two others.

There seem to be as many major taints as active Shar or guild of thieves members, individually. I don't think it would be unreasonable. Maybe for the other afflictions these would go unused, but at some point, I would hope that these afflictions expand out to a larger player base as more people join us...

Why not prepare for this in advance? It's not like having a thread for each will impact game play directly, take too much coding time, or have any sort of negative impact. At worst, they'll just sit there until more players accumulate with each affliction, but will be available should there be need.

Return to “General world discussion”