More thoughts on elemancy utility

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Kunren

More thoughts on elemancy utility

Post by Kunren »

So, I've always felt that elemancy was wonderously versatile depending on a characters imagination and skill at patterns, so here's just a few more ideas!

Aero-Dash: same concept of aerojump, except used to make a sort of short distance "extended step" at high speed. Uses are many, varying from momentary dodge skill buff upon use, to extreme bonus to engaging or disengaging from a fight when used for such, to quick room to room travel (assumed to be a vast number of chained dashes, extremely draining.)

Destruction of buildings over time, among other things: trees can easily crumble concrete if a root can get into a small crack and force it wider over time. Same principle, conjuring a small clop of densely packed dirt into an even smaller crack, over and over under the structure simply crumbles.

Cinders: burn small items into ash with a quick burst of extremely hot flame if they are flammable at all.

Mudsuit: takes a lot of power and a lot of skill, but allows the ability to temporarily create a coating of dense dirt all over your body. Combat rolls are reduced cause it's so hard to move around in, increasing encumberance level by ALOT, decreases damage taken less efficiently for its weight in armor, and only lasts as long as you can channel it. Ability to cast through.

Give more ideas! I gotta sleep.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Dakhal

Re: More thoughts on elemancy utility

Post by Dakhal »

Aero-Dash: The manner in which you suggest Aero-Dash partially already exists in Aero-Dodge, except that it's purely passive; I don't think I like the idea of giving active effects to it. Aeromancy is extremely fleshed out (in my own opinion, as someone who plays an aeromancer) and doesn't really need much else.

Destruction: I'm not able to see any application where you would need need to destroy a structure, as it can be handled in an RP manner.

Cinders: I absolutely love this, I think it's great; but I want it to respect roundtime and also give the person round time. Sure would suck if someone disarmed you and then incinerated your masterfully crafted fae bow, eh?

Mudsuit: Read: Geo-Shield.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Kunren

Re: More thoughts on elemancy utility

Post by Kunren »

Dakhal wrote:Aero-Dash: The manner in which you suggest Aero-Dash partially already exists in Aero-Dodge, except that it's purely passive; I don't think I like the idea of giving active effects to it. Aeromancy is extremely fleshed out (in my own opinion, as someone who plays an aeromancer) and doesn't really need much else.

Destruction: I'm not able to see any application where you would need need to destroy a structure, as it can be handled in an RP manner.

Cinders: I absolutely love this, I think it's great; but I want it to respect roundtime and also give the person round time. Sure would suck if someone disarmed you and then incinerated your masterfully crafted fae bow, eh?

Mudsuit: Read: Geo-Shield.
Rather than flat out ability ideas, especially in the case of the destruction one, these are mostly just ideas that I believe would be possible with elemancy, whether it be RP'd or studied into a pattern later on. Elemancy is one of the most extremely free form types of magic I've seen in a game, and I think it could be so much more than the simple blasting raw elements at people. I just like coming up with new uses that fit elemancys constraints (projected from your person vaguely, no on the fly adjustments beyond simple aim, a certain level of power output based on skill, and a lack of fine dexterity) that could be fun possibilities :D yeah, other guilds and other magics need love first, and I definitely understand that.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “Elemancy”