Pyroshield and grappling.

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Kunren

Pyroshield and grappling.

Post by Kunren »

This is in response to something I find a bit funny, lol. Some guilds have abilities that require you to get in close to someone, and stay there "grappling" for a time. Namely the one ive noticed has been a certain guilds ability to hold someone in place with a chokehold. I feel that it would make sense if someone with an active pyroshield would either A.Have it automatically turn off during such grappling style maneuvers, or B. Cause constant damage to the attacker. As it is now, you can chug right along burning with your shield and the attacker isnt affected, nor your shield.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Dakhal

Re: Pyroshield and grappling.

Post by Dakhal »

On the same note, it doesn't make much sense to be able to do these things while forced in RT. I mean, it is a bit silly when I see an elemancer throw out a ton of ash clouds merely because there isn't any ramification other than waiting an extended amount of time.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Acarin

Re: Pyroshield and grappling.

Post by Acarin »

As far as I know, choke still is not working properly. But yes... I agree that it should disrupt channeling. It should be hard to concentrate and maintain a channel when someone is compressing your neck and you can't breath.

Return to “Elemancy”