Can you feel your elements?

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Kunren

Can you feel your elements?

Post by Kunren »

Once something has been created, can you feel the fire/air/whatever with a supernatural connection, or do you just direct it by sight?
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
jilliana

Re: Can you feel your elements?

Post by jilliana »

I imagine directing the elements would be a combination of reflexes, body control and certainly a lot of supernatural.

When my elemancer manipulates hydromancy, I imagine her hands as a sort of hand-sized waterhose but not really. Not sure how to describe it.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Bumping
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

It's more a predetermined effect. Like with a firework, you set a pattern first to concentrate the fire into a small point, then to launch it upward, then after a timer, a sort of nova-like pattern for the fun explosion at the end (wheeeee!). You set all that up all beforehand in the proper sequence, then let 'er rip and the firework spell follows the pattern you had set for it. You can't do a last-minute adjustment or something once you've set it off. So you write your program first, then execute what you've written as you've written it (and there's no ctrl-c to cancel prematurely).

With Aero Shield and Hydro Shield where you can allow your own attacks out more easily than those that are incoming, that's essentially renewing the pattern and conjuration, not merely adjusting the existing one from when you first channeled the pattern, say, 45 seconds ago.

I think. Let me know if there's anything in practice that goes against that, or if it just doesn't make sense. Elemancy is weird.
The lore compels me!
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Wow sounds awesome thanks for the answer! Hrm. Then, would it be possible to, say, create a pattern that forms increasing numbers of small balls of fire to hover above your position, activated when the sequence for throwing them at an enemy is input? Perhaps allowing these balls of fire to follow your position by using the piece of the pattern that allows Mage fire (or whatever it's called) to follow you?

I feel like this would sort of more intuitively follow elemancys pattern system rather than the current one, where you often visualize yourself simply making a mass of fire in your hand or something and chunking it at someone (or at least I do XD)

Return to “Elemancy”