Channel Combination duds

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Channel Combination duds

Post by Rias »

qinweiqi wrote:The Aero + Geo non-combination is particularly flummoxing, since using a single aero channel plus a geo wand (or vice versa) produces an effect of two non-woven channels firing.
Can you expand on this? I think you're just seeing the zap effect of an earth wand/staff, and the aero channel is just being ignored.
Last part, I noticed that ash cloud and mist generation are still in place. Are long term plans still to have all single casts be projectiles rather than cloud effects?
Possibly. I do definitely want ash cloud to be a specific pattern rather than a raw cast.
The lore compels me!
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Rias wrote:
qinweiqi wrote:The Aero + Geo non-combination is particularly flummoxing, since using a single aero channel plus a geo wand (or vice versa) produces an effect of two non-woven channels firing.
Can you expand on this? I think you're just seeing the zap effect of an earth wand/staff, and the aero channel is just being ignored.
Agreed. I thought last I tinkered with this I saw both channels (my aero or geo channel plus the geo or aero wand) fire. It seems to not be the case, so disregard that part I guess. Thanks.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Rias wrote:Geo/Aero/Pyro does work - it's the ever-popular Ash Cloud.

Aero/Geo will probably be some sort of sandblast low damage/blinding/knockdown bolt.
Aero-Geo still doesn't seem to have any kind of associated skill, which makes me sad as an aeromancer/geomancer hybrid.

Anyway, here's a list of duds i've found so far.

Aero-Geo
Aero/Geo/Geo

Aero-Aero-Geo
Aero-Aero-Hydro
Dallia

Post by Dallia »

Lun wrote:
Rias wrote:Geo/Aero/Pyro does work - it's the ever-popular Ash Cloud.

Aero/Geo will probably be some sort of sandblast low damage/blinding/knockdown bolt.
Aero-Geo still doesn't seem to have any kind of associated skill, which makes me sad as an aeromancer/geomancer hybrid.

Anyway, here's a list of duds i've found so far.

Aero-Geo
Aero/Geo/Geo

Aero-Aero-Geo
Aero-Aero-Hydro
Yeah, Aero/Geo definitely still not a combination. I'll add a few more to the list (might've missed them mentioned elsewhere);

Hydro/Aero/Geo
Hydro/Pyro/Geo
Pyro/Pyro/Hydro

A bit too early for me to make suggestions on the latter three for any potential combinations, though having aero/geo as some sort of knockdown or blinding debuff as mentioned before would certainly be fine. I personally won't have journeyman aeromancy or hydromancy so I won't be able to test those combinations out, so I'm not sure what duds are for those, though it sounds like Lun has the aeromancy duds down.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Hydro/Pyro/Geo

...Boiling mud?
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

Hakon wrote:Hydro/Pyro/Geo

...Boiling mud?
Wax or tar. Follow it with 'hurl feathers'
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Dallia

Post by Dallia »

Akila wrote:
Hakon wrote:Hydro/Pyro/Geo

...Boiling mud?
Wax or tar. Follow it with 'hurl feathers'
I was actually thinking something akin to tar. Adding feathers to the mix would be all the better! And hilarious. Especially hilarious

Pyro/Pyro/Hydro could possibly be something similar to Pyro/Hydro, though more heat damage and perhaps an accuracy reduction component (temporarily lower visibility from super heated steam?), or something that temporarily scalds the skin for some additional heat damage (kind of like lava, though maybe not quite as strong). Kind of hard with this one, I think.

Hydro/Aero/Geo on the other hand... having a hard time thinking of a good combo that isn't basically just a slightly more aggressive form of Geo/Hydro (maybe some additional type of damage from the force of aeromancy upon the muddy mixture?), but I'd honestly be okay with that. Just a little extra flavor and oomph to the spell at the expense of additional energy loss.

Just tossing out ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Thanks all for the ideas. I'm not necessarily of the mindset that every single combination needs to be valid, but I'll definitely consider these.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Elemancy”