Channel Combination duds

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Nootau

Channel Combination duds

Post by Nootau »

Would it be okay to list all the channel combinations that do not work to brainstorm what to put into them or is it intended for some to be duds?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Aeromancy + Hydromancy + Pyromancy = ...nothing

Why not change this to a lightning(electrical) based attack?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Huh, I'm not sure how I didn't see this thread earlier. Yes, please post any combinations that are duds.

As far as aero/hydro/pyro making lightning ... Merry Christmas.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

P.S. Expect changes to the splash damage (not just on lightning, but on others like molten boulder), where hostiles will get a chance to dodge it.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

water earth earth=nothing unlike water earth water which makes acid.
earth air?Sandstorm?
earth air fire = nothing.Maybe a rain of stones?Obsidian whatever.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I would support: Aeromancy/Geomancy/Pyromancy; resulting with obsidian spears or a burst of shards as rapidly cooled lava results in obsidian shards.

Geomancy/Geomancy/Hydromancy, could result in a sink hole which forces the target to suffer from a prone position and stuck in the position for some time. Not offensive itself but weakens the target's defenses dramatically.

Aeromancy/Geomancy, sounds like a piercing stone attack, similar to a shotgun at close range. A AoE dust attack is currently the Nova Effect of Geomancy.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Geo/Aero/Pyro does work - it's the ever-popular Ash Cloud.

Aero/Geo will probably be some sort of sandblast low damage/blinding/knockdown bolt.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Aeromancy/Geomancy/Pyromancy.. Ya, ash cloud still works.. ow!

I thought you might of removed it, especially seeing as it is just the Nova spell but with a lot more drawbacks. Is this going to change?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I like Ash Cloud. The downside is that it hits everyone, including the caster. The upside is that it works several times before dispersing, rather than just once, like a nova. I enjoy the idea of a spell that's powerful enough to be uncontrollable by the elemancer once cast.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Reset..

Geomancy/Hydromancy/Pyromancy, resulting with obsidian spears or a burst of shards as rapidly cooled lava results in obsidian shards.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Obsidian is a result of three elements already (pyro, geo, cryo) and will be unavailable via other combinations. This won't be a standard available spell since no guilds offer all three of those mancies, but it will be available for some rare cases when someone manages through special circumstances to get access to them all.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

[quote=Rias]Obsidian is a result of three elements already (pyro, geo, cryo) and will be unavailable via other combinations. This won't be a standard available spell since no guilds offer all three of those mancies, but it will be available for some rare cases when someone manages through special circumstances to get access to them all.[/quote]

It's also Rithiel's spell of choice when something annoys her.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

earth air water.A gentle rain of acid?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Geo + Aero = Dud
Geo + Geo + Aero = Dud
Geo + Geo + Hydro = Dud

Hydro + Hydro + Aero = Dud

Geo + Hydro = Knockdown + Muddy..
Mud.. What does this do?
Last edited by Nootau on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Sounds kinda like napalm.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Hydro + Hydro + Aero... A typhoon that causes knock down and drenches friend and foes, the caster is the eye of the storm and immune?

Geo + Geo + Hydro... Quick sand effect that entangles a target, possibly everyone in the room, even the caster?

Geo + Aero... Sand storm, buffet the target with the knock down effect as well as multiple(3-5) weak attacks that are piercing/slashing damage?

Geo + Geo + Aero... Upgraded Sand storm with much larger projectiles that cause multiple moderately damaging attacks that are piercing/slashing damage type?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

If these are bad ideas please tell my why so I can try to adjust them.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

I'm a fan. Granted, I know next to ZERO about Elemancy...
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Good ideas, but better for some type of Pattern. Raw casts should be in the form of small concentrated projectiles (Ash Cloud is the current exception, and has been slated for a move to a dedicated pattern-based spell rather than raw cast at some point so it too can be replaced by a projectile effect).
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Rather than several at once, let me try to perfect the options one at a time.

Aero+Geo
2-3 light attacks (0-5 damage each) that has a chance of knockdown but more importantly a chance of blinding the target, lowering the target's perception, melee and marksmanship for a limited time.
Cost: --

Justification: The elemancer focuses his thoughts loosely of the composition of flakes of dust and sand to be thrust forward by the force of a stiff breeze. The pattern is woven loosely and easily as the mater created simply buffets the body lightly though enough it extremely irritate sensitive organs.
Renarin

Post by Renarin »

Would this be considered an appropriate raw cast for multi-element weaving?

Aero-Hydro = Blinding Spray: The air and water form together to create a fine mist that can cause vision impairment which reduces perception of the target. If condensed then the air and water could disorient the target as the velocity of these small particles are flung towards an opponent.

I am not sure if the elemental channel that is primary (first one) changes the dynamic of the cast but if so...

Hydro-Aero = Rising Mists - Conjuring forth a water allows one who channels aeromancy as well as hydromancy to create a mist that shrouds an area, making it harder to see and allows an easier time of stealthing and remaining unseen.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The order doesn't make a difference, so aero/hydro is the same as hydro/aero.

I thought that combo already had the fog effect. Let's seeeee ...

Hrm, it does a foggy blast which drenches and knocks down a target, but doesn't fogify a room. Or it did, but it was commented out.

And it looks like that's because it got broken. But now it's fixed! Enjoy foggying rooms.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Silly Rias... foggying isn't a word.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

It is now!
qinweiqi

Re: Channel Combination duds

Post by qinweiqi »

Bumping this after some experimentation this morning.

I found the following invalid combinations:
Aero + Geo
Aero + Geo + Hydro
Geo + Hydro + Pyro

The Aero + Geo non-combination is particularly flummoxing, since using a single aero channel plus a geo wand (or vice versa) produces an effect of two non-woven channels firing. I'd like to request that be set up as fillers for the above until something more permanent is put in place.

Last part, I noticed that ash cloud and mist generation are still in place. Are long term plans still to have all single casts be projectiles rather than cloud effects?

Return to “Elemancy”