Lightning damage and armor

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Acarin

Lightning damage and armor

Post by Acarin »

I'd heard a while ago that lightning does extra damage to armored opponents. I'm wondering if this is the case, because physics tells us that this should be the opposite (as long as the armor provides adequate covering i.e. from strike point to floor, it should act as a ground for any electricity. Since the metal armor would be the path of least resistance, it would be unlikely to impact the wearer much). Thought I'd point this out, but if it's already this way... well done!
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

If this would become a official change, would the cost of the spell be reduced significantly to make it a viable spell to use against unarmored and soaked targets? It currently costs at least 45 energy to cast the lightning chain once.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements

Return to “Elemancy”