Geomancy

The manipulation of fire, earth, air, and water.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Hm... Based upon what I've read, I think this is a case of "yes, but it would be ridiculously difficult". Not only is it solid stone, but you'd be moving it on the particulate level.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I ask as once Elemancy mixes with another surface, it begins to merge slowly, based on the idea that splashing hydromany onto a porous platter will retain some water even after the channel has been released.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I'm trying to think of a way to adequately deny this request, lest elemancers demand the ability to climb every stone surface in the game.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I also wanted to request a carefully carved dish which would maximize its surface area to retain water after a channel has been released. The carefully carves groves draw the liquid down to one polished end allowing the Hydromancer to produce one cup of pure, drinkable water when there are normally no other options.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

For what it's worth, you can fill liquid containers via hydromancy currently. Set up before the 'vanishing conjurations' lore was fleshed out, so while we decide on how much we want to restrict that, it works with any liquid container.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Both can still work though the container should be sold for Riln at the University. A carefully constructed container made of thin channels and tubes which trickle down into a reservoir at the bottom where the retained water along the surface edges flow down into.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Here's a few reasons why I would deny the stone-stepping request.

1 - We've discussed that conjured earth will dissapate upon contact.
2 - If you attempted to drive a 'step' into a cliff face, chances are, it would dissapate upon impact.
3 - If not driving the 'steps' into the cliff face, the Elemancer would somehow have to maintain their own bodyweight with the floating rock. This would be impossible, as such would consitute flight, which will never be a possibility in CLOK.

And last but not least: Elemancers are NOT gods.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Are there heights that Aeromancy Jump cannot reach or cannot slow the descent of?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Geomancy, crushing question..

Will Geomancy ever cause damage to targets who block its attacks similar to how sledgehammers cause damage to those who block its assaults?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

That could be a spiffy perk, we'll consider it.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Elemancy”