Suggestion: Mysticim?

Kunren

Suggestion: Mysticim?

Post by Kunren »

Ive been thinking on this for a bit, but id really find a more unfocused, hazy form of magic really interesting. Whether it be shamanism, spirit walking, or asking blessings of spirits(I know druids have the gaia for the living aspects of nature, and dwaeden have their animal spirits, but I was thinking more generalized concepts repesenting things: Sun, moon, water in general, particular rivers, stars, natural elements or particular mountains, ect.)

I think sleep would be a really cool feature for this sort of magic as well, perhaps giving access to a sort of dreamscape that could be designed according to the users wishes? The scope of it (room wise? I don't know if it would be feasible at all to give them limited room creation and design while sleeping, but it would be friggen awesome) would depend on the users power, and the detail on their imagination (writing descriptions for the rooms maybe?)

Other users of mysticism might be able to enter someones dreamscape as well, perhaps only through invitation?

Spirit walking would maybe be leaving your body alone while your soul explores places? Dangers would include death if separated from the body too long, possible dispersal and being able to be seen by other users of mysticism, your body being comatose and therefore killable by pretty much anything who wants too, maybe possible temporary enslavement by sorcery.

Could have an "Ask the spirits for guidance" command, possibly targeted to specific things (ask mountain, ask moon, ask river) leaving it up to the user of mysticism to decide which to ask depending on their location. Would have a random chance to either give a bad omen, good omen, or neutral, which could be then rp'd as they mysticism user deems necessary.

Skinwalking: Temporarily taking the form of an animal, possibly by using a specially made skin of that particular animal. I don't have much hope for this one, awesome as it would be, sadly.

Other dream related abilities only useable on sleeping things: Create a nightmare for the sleeping person, immediately awakens them and gives a slight debuff to melee and perception for a bit due to tiredness. Imprison, where you could force someone to remain asleep for longer times unless awakened by something (doesn't make them fall asleep in the first place however), perhaps a few other things.

How the skill would be raised: Open to suggestions here. No good ideas.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Makkah

Re: Suggestion: Mysticim?

Post by Makkah »

Sick.

Just sick. (in an awesome way)

I'll think on it and try to contribute.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Love the dreamrealm idea. Add in astral projection (out of body traveling). Soothsaying. Bone reading. Astrology. Stuff like that.

Awesome. Might be approaching too "magical" for CLOK, though. I have a very dear alt (whom I VERY rarely play :( ) that takes a lot of that on purely RP-wise. I love the char, however.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Thought of a possible way for the skill to be raised. I'm perhaps there are disquiet spirits in many places that only Mystics can see, and they take it as their sacred duty to disperse them? Every one dispersed could give a bit of Mysticism skill. To give it more difficulty, perhaps many of the spirits could fight back out of sheer madness, and do "spirit" damage to the mystic (which I see hitting your energy levels directly kinda like nature given cold damage). This could make otherwise harmless areas extremely dangerous for Mystics in some cases.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “General Magic Discussion”