New Ability: Spirit Augmentation

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Rias
Lore Hermit

New Ability: Spirit Augmentation

Post by Rias »

The monks of the Monastic Order have discovered a method to bolster the very spirit that weaves and binds their bodies together, and have dubbed this ability Spirit Augmentation.
The lore compels me!
Gad

Post by Gad »

Could it be possible to make spirit augmentation stronger? The more thaumaturgy a monk channels the stronger the results but the more energy is used? Something along those lines?
Stop holding my character hostage.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I've got some revisions in mind, but it's not going to play well with metallic armor, so you're probably not going to like it. The intent is to give non-combat monks some defense, not to stack onto already-extremely-effective armor.
The lore compels me!
Lae

Post by Lae »

I'm looking forward to this!
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Gad

Post by Gad »

I guess I'll see how it goes then!
Stop holding my character hostage.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Spirit Augmentation is like armor without wearing armor, and it's a really neat spell, but it is a bit basic at the moment.

Right now it basically gives 100 points of "armor" to a spot, and as a body part is hit, it reduces how much augmentation is left around that body part.

So here is a few ideas to un-basic this ability/spell and I'd love to hear other ideas as well.

When you have 2 channels of thaumaturgy up, you have a chance having the augmentation mildly deflect an attack. At 3 channels , it has a higher chance to deflect, and won't be able to be armor chinked.

If you only have 1 channel up, it would only just be a flat increase to damage reduction by a mild amount.

Thoughts?

(P.S. Thx Kian)
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Stopping armor chink doesn't really make sense since it doesn't act as real armor and thus unless you're wearing additional armor, you shouldn't be getting chinked anyways.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

The general idea is that it has a chance to deflect like armor can, and because it's thaumaturgic power versus physical armor, it would be unchinkable.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

There have been some adjustments to Spirit Augmentation:

-Spirit Augmentation will now fade at half the rate it was fading before.
-Spirit Augmentation will now regenerate itself if the augmented user is actively channeling thaumaturgy
-Spirit Augmentation can now be cast directly on others with cast 201 (target) for a lesser effect.
Last edited by Jirato on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Monastic Order”