Room clearing spell

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Orris

Room clearing spell

Post by Orris »

A monk was talking on chat about how they wanted a spell to clear a room from enemies and make it safe to resurrect someone. They suggested it could be based on the Flare spell. They were too worried that they would be ripped apart if they posted the suggestion so I'm doing it for them. Discuss!
Kiyaani

Re: Room clearing spell

Post by Kiyaani »

Considering the resurrection spell makes you fall unconscious for long enough for mobs to wander back in, I don't think this is a good solution.

Dragging the fallen to a safe place is always going to be the best way to get this handled. If you have someone around to guard you, then feel free to rez in a dangerous area. But you have to keep in mind - you have to heal the body of the fallen before you can use Soul Beacon, and then you need None or Fully Rested for the spell to even work. And then you are lightless for a time after that. It's not a simple or quick process overall.

Also, a spell to clear the room could be abused just as soon as used for the right reasons. Just my thoughts.
xavier

Post by xavier »

agreed, while it looks good in the short term taking the time to drag the body to a safer area is still more likely to keep you and the healed alive.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

A major problem would be that any lasting, maintained effect wouldn't be possible, since the monk goes unconscious as part of the Soul Beacon spell. Once you're unconscious, you're not going to be able to maintain whatever the room-clearing effect is.

"Field raises" are always going to be dangerous. You can take someone along with you to guard the unconscious people while they recover if you really want, but the best bet is to drag the corpse somewhere safe, first. Note that a lot of areas have little safe spots hidden away in them.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Monastic Order”