Soul Beacon

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Kiyaani

Soul Beacon

Post by Kiyaani »

In the weekly changes/updates it was posted: Player characters will no longer have all wounds reduced to moderate upon death.

With that in mind, are there changes in the works for how soul beacon is used? Currently it does no healing other than restoring the soul to the body and causes the monk to have a lengthy cooldown before they can do anything else. It might be nice to consider having that massive beam of light do some healing to where the person at least won't bleed out while the monk is unconscious next to them or possibly reduce the cooldown before being able to heal again.

I realize that the monk can try to heal the body before returning the soul and that may be the solution you're looking for. I suppose we could also bandage a person before trying to return the soul so the person doesn't just instantly die. With the energy it takes to even cast soul beacon this change could make helping the dead a very time-consuming process when new death mechanics come in.

Just wondering what your thoughts are or if I should just wait and see what the masterplan is.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Soul Beacon

Post by Rias »

Kiyaani wrote: I realize that the monk can try to heal the body before returning the soul and that may be the solution you're looking for. I suppose we could also bandage a person before trying to return the soul so the person doesn't just instantly die.
Those methods have always been the intended method of prepping for a "raise" (and why it became possible to cast thaumaturgy at corpses when Soul Beacon was released). The reducing wounds to moderate thing was a bug, stemming from preventing the "soul" from continuing to bleed after death. Boy, were there a lot of bug reports about that.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Ah, ok. I just wasn't sure since it was put in the weekly updates instead of as a bug report. Would it be possible to get clarification on how it actually works right now? I'm still a little confused.

*it being the wounds after dying
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The wounds should remain as they are. So if you Soul Beacon someone after they've died with severe wounds, they're likely to bleed out and die again. You should heal them (or bandage them) first.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

With regards to the cooldown after using Soul Beacon - is it possible to make this go by server time instead of active played time? I logged out shortly after resurrecting someone and a few days later still had a cooldown.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Yeah, a lot of things need to be converted to this.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Monastic Order”