Healing

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Gad

Healing

Post by Gad »

I understand that cinnabar contains poisonous elements and before you could go to a healer and have the effects removed. If it is something that is not to be healed can the effect round time of 17 hours be reduced to like 30 minutes?
Dorn

Re: Healing

Post by Dorn »

You still can get a healer to change it (Last I checked), the only problem is it is bugged (Which I have bugged). If you've got no other injuries, a healer won't adjust it. Best bet is to get yourself hurt (couple of minor scratches or something) then ask the healer to healall. That should get rid of it.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Cinnabar poisoning should not be able to be healed by Thaumaturgy. If you ever run into a situation where you are healed of any disease or poison by thaumaturgy you should be bugging it and not exploiting it.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

So healers in infirmaries shouldn't or should be able to heal it? I'm pretty confused at this point. There is supposed to zero ways to cure cinnabar sickness?
~Dorn
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

From what I was told when it was brought up that thaumaturgy could heal it, herbalist healers can and should heal it. Thaumaturgy was fixed to no longer heal it. That herbalists won't, if you don't have any wounds, is a bug, as you mentioned.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Cinnabar poisoning? I feel like I've been missing out. Is this new?
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Nah. It's a mining thing.
Gad

Post by Gad »

I did bug it since it is not curable at the infirmary or from thaumaturgy. I was wondering if it was just going to be an effect for mining cinnabar or if it was a bug hence the post about this. Before it was curable from both thaumaturgy and an infirmary and it had been so since cinnabar poisoning was in place. Having injuries along with cinnabar poisoning will not heal the poisoning when being healed at an infirmary, as Dorn had suggested.

I did not know that thaumaturgy was not going to cure diseases and poisons. What would be the RP reasons behind that?
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I'm guessing thaumaturgy just mends physical damage, not infections, poisons or diseases.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Huh. Then it is even more bugged than it was. Glad I wasnt the one to find that out.. heh.
~Dorn
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Gad wrote: I did not know that thaumaturgy was not going to cure diseases and poisons. What would be the RP reasons behind that?
It is explained here: http://wiki.contrarium.net/index.php/Ma ... tations.3F
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Gad

Post by Gad »

Thank you.

Return to “Monastic Order”