Random ideas

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Lae

Random ideas

Post by Lae »

If monks were to eventually be able to revive the dead I'd love to have it have to do with "pushing" our inner light into the dead person. Of course it would weaken us considerably so I'd like to have it be somewhat traumatic and not something one could do every five minutes. It would be nice if it were something that had consequences.

Secondly.. we have the inner light that we can use as a halo, how about if there was a passive chance, with a very low percentage, of revealing or at least alerting the monk that someone was hiding/stalking or offsetting the shadow orb spell. It wouldn't make sense if this happened in a room with lots of light so I'm thinking only in the dim or dark rooms. On the same token when the shadow orb is cast, if there is a monk in the room, have a chance for it to extinguish their halo. The halo gives a small boost to avoiding incoming melee attacks from nethhrim by 10% and since there are PC's that are "infected" with nether it would be a useful to have a passive chance of that happening.

It should be noted that I don't want to be able to search out random hiders, nor do I want a nerf for you fabulous hiders.

Just an idea that I thought I'd throw out there.
Last edited by Lae on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

On the subject of halo's specifically and auras in general...

Inner Light used to be referred to as the flame I do believe? Or inner flame or something to that effect?

Fire has some healing properties and possibly pushing the inner light out allow the monk to passively heal everyone in the room, regardless who they are.

Possibly they could have also more powerful versions of halo like: Shining Halo, Blazing Halo, Divine Halo and such. Now... The monks are the Torchbearers messengers yes? If yes then they should have some travel aiding abilities up to and including wings.
Landion

Post by Landion »

I'm not the church guru, but A mass healing ability might be kind of neat for very, very powerful monks. But I see it being incredibly draining, almost to the point of killing the monk, if they are not fully rested at the time of cast.

I don't see wings or flying as abilities that will be released.
Last edited by Landion on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Landion

Post by Landion »

In regard to Lae's posts.

Monks will be involved with life restoration once death mechanics are hashed out a little more. Exactly how remains to be worked out exactly. Sorcerers will also, just in different ways.

Having Halo add some additional protection against nethrim isn't a bad idea, either that, or having Spirit Augmentation help extra against nether based attacks.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Lae

Post by Lae »

I'd love to see some tweaks to spirit augmentation, as I said in the other thread, (and it looks like they're coming) maybe an increased benefit for the monk when they're actually channeling. As it is right now we prepare thaumaturgy and then we cast 201 and we have gained some protection. Some of the things I'd love to see for this spell :

Some sort of messaging when the protection weakens or fails.

More protection while a monk is channeling and has thaumaturgy running. When we're healing we're basically leaving ourselves open for attack. When we're channeling it would be neat if we had more cohesiveness to the spirit armor we're wearing.

The (low) chance, while channeling, to have a blow be deflected by light.
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Landion]In regard to Lae's posts.

Monks will be involved with life restoration once death mechanics are hashed out a little more. Exactly how remains to be worked out exactly. Sorcerers will also, just in different ways.

Having Halo add some additional protection against nethrim isn't a bad idea, either that, or having Spirit Augmentation help extra against nether based attacks.[/quote]

I'm excited to see how things will eventually turn out with the life restoration. I figured since I had a few swirly ideas in my head I'd pop in and open up a little discussion on different things. I get my best ideas when I'm talking to other people.

Having said that, another idea popped in..

A chance, while casting sunbeam at a foe, of having them blinded (if they aren't killed) and have their attack significantly lowered.

Today is apparently a day of ideas. Rejoice or Flee. =3
Lae

Post by Lae »

Well the game is down so while I bake cookies, another idea :

I don't know if monks have a way to break engagement, if we do I haven't figured it out yet. When I get more than two critters in the same space with me I'm pretty much dead. I try to run, try to run, try to run and it's more rare than anything that I succeed.

So my idea is : If we don't target a sunbeam maybe it could emit a flash of light that gives us a chance to break engagement. On some creatures (blind or things that don't mind light) it wouldn't work. Undead and netherim type creatures mainly. Thoughts?
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I heard somewhere that Melee increases your chances of going to range. Is yours low?
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Reynard]I heard somewhere that Melee increases your chances of going to range. Is yours low?[/quote]

I've been working hard on Melee, I have at least 140 ranks of it. Maybe I need more.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm working on several different abilities and methods monks can use to break and avoid combat.
The lore compels me!
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Rias]I'm working on several different abilities and methods monks can use to break and avoid combat.[/quote]

Color me super excited!

Return to “Monastic Order”