Tasks!

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Lae

Tasks!

Post by Lae »

I'm loving the herb tasks. I'm also quite fond of rescue missions.

As I gain ranks they send me to many different places. I suppose these are the places I should be hunting at my rank of abilities. So my question is, for those of us who are not skilled in combat, is there perhaps a way that we can hunt a Templar down in a less dangerous area with perhaps a hit to guild points rewarded? We get guild points for healing as well, so I think in the end it would square out.

Thoughts?
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Gad

Post by Gad »

Maybe as a less dangerous task could be to report to the head monk in Mistral Lake and do some healing in the local infirmary there.
Stop holding my character hostage.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just run through the area and heal yourself as you go! Besides, tasks should have some risk associated with them. At least you have some non-combat tasks.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've planned on a "non-combat" task toggle for the Order, once I get the task framework more hammered out. It's very messy at the moment. Seeing as the Monastic Order is a non-combat organization, with the option of learning a few self-defense abilities, the ability to request low- or non-danger tasks is fine by me. If you wanted to go out into danger and risk your life, you should have joined the Templar instead, after all.
The lore compels me!
Lae

Post by Lae »

Two things:

Firstly - A fallen templar bleeds out before we can even tend them so the search for task is more difficult (yay) but they drop dead pretty promptly after finding them (boo) which brings me to the second!

When you're sent after a templar and you find them and they croak shouldn't we have a "you failed" kind of thing or if I were to continue searching in the area where I found the first one...will I then find another? When I type guild it tells me that I found the templar and now I have to heal them, but if they're dead I can't do that.

Thanks!
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The task-spawned templar have now, in their inspiring awesomeness, managed to bandage themselves before falling unconscious.

The "You failed, you horrible person!" messaging is on the to-do list.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Monastic Order”