Monk shop?

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Acarin

Monk shop?

Post by Acarin »

Now that the templar shop is closed to us monks, how about a monk only supply shop for recognition points:

Possible objects:
A torch-carved crystal bracelet- channeling inner light at it (via spirit healing or cast) causes it to emit a "warm glow." Works like a torch, and needs to be recharged fairly often to maintain light. May also provide some warmth in snowy situations (lots of recognition points)

leather/linen/cloth handwraps - provide no armoring, don't enhance brawling, just for looks

simple robes (customizable in color, material and the "simple" adjective maybe)- With some pockets (of course)

waist sashes (customizable) - belts (I'm a fan of pockets so maybe a short show with a compartmentalized lining)

a pure white handbook -"Martial techniques of the order" - study to learn brawling

a leatherbound volume - "The virtue in avoidance" - study to learn dodging

iron-toed leather boots - for when we kick nethery things.

iron-studded gloves - for when we punch nethery things (yes, I know this won't happen)

Supply bags (customizable, various sizes)- For the monk on the move
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've added the handwraps, robes, and sash. I'm all for the supply bags, I just need ideas for what exactly to call them, and custom options. Still considering the other suggested items.
The lore compels me!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Thanks Rias!

Here are some more suggestions:

For the supply bags (if you don't like the term supply bag):
Backpack size - rucksack
Satchel size - courier bag
Pouch size - reliquary

Custom options
For rucksack and courier bag:
Colors - the ones you have are already perfect!
Materials - linen, burlap (who doesn't like potato sacks? Burlap is the new leather), canvas, suede, leather,
Additional - simple, weathered or worn, rugged, pristine
More - with iron buckles, with bronze buckles, embroidered with ...whatever that church sun thing is

For reliquaries:
Materials - copper, bronze, steel, iron, oak, pine, ash
Additional - simple, ornate, polished, painted, worn

Also, a few suggestions to make these already awesome additions even better:
Make robes closable
Make waist-sashes "belt" worn instead of "waist" worn so that stuff can be hung off of them. Seems weird to wear a belt with one.
Add in custom options to handwraps also:Materials: none, linen, (see below);Colors: same ones you have for robes; Additional: simple, worn, pristine, stained

Also, if you are actually considering doing the gloves, you could make "iron-threaded" and "steel-threaded" as options for the handwrap material instead and have them cost LOTS of recognition points. You could then have them not enhance brawling or effect stone fist, but still have the iron/steel drain effect on nethrim when brawling.

Very cool so far. Good colors! And thanks for adding a ragequit counter while I'm at it...
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Lae

Post by Lae »

As we were talking about this today I said I would post some things so.. here I am posting..

I'm not sure what would work and what wouldn't so bear with me with that in mind.

Hand wraps :
(fabrics)
linen, wool, leather, silk (girly monks!)
(colors)
black, grey, white, gold(en)
(other identifiers)
snug
iron-studded
forearm-wrapped

Foot wraps :
(fabrics)
linen, wool, leather, oilcloth
(colors)
black, grey, white, gold(en)
(other identifiers)
iron-studded
calf-high
knee-high

Robes :
(other identifiers)
a trio of (instead of some)
layered
with long leather-bound sleeves
with heavy embroidery along the hem
deeply cowled
any chance these can hide our face? :D

Waist wraps:
(other identifiers)
double-wrapped
iron-cinched
painted

Oh and I wanted to ask again if we could get reliquaries put in. I really liked the ideas Acarin posted.

<3
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"

Return to “Monastic Order”