War Mounts

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
Shainar

War Mounts

Post by Shainar »

We no longer have the opportunity to get destriers since disaster has struck Valeria, and I wasn't able to save up enough merit to ever get one. Any thoughts on adding a replacement of some kind somewhere in Shadgard, so we can get a war mount via merit again?
Jirato
DEV

Re: War Mounts

Post by Jirato »

I'll have to talk to the Shadgard guru, since it'd have to be outside the church proper. A little stable off to the side might be doable, but they are pretty tight on space.

I can see these eventually making a comeback. Though, I'd also like to redo the whole thing and make it more of a removable item. I'm sure some of our horse expert players can attest to the fact that you'd never really have your horse in full barding 100% of the time. That kind of system also needs to be done to make repairs a thing.

So, that first, then we can look at re-introducing them.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Poking this since we have some new and potential recruits:

If barding is holding this up I think even a temporary solution with unbarded horses would be a great help. If the Church is able to make some sort of deal with the Shadgard stables regarding the acquisition of horses for purchase - not necessarily a Church-restricted or adjacent stables - that might serve since you're worried about space. We already have a deal with them about their stabling services. This could be a logical next step in that relationship as the Church continues to serve the town. With how strict Church guidelines are regarding acquisition of wealth, some new alternative to help with this sooner rather than later would be amazing. Even if it's only a rate reduction and not the full-cost it would be better than nothing.
Jabril

Post by Jabril »

I too would like to see the ability to earn a warhorse via guild points. (assuming merit means guild points) As a Templar it feels a little strange having to take up another profession to earn the riln necessary to afford one. I can understand not buying a house as the church does provides what little space it has to help in that regard but a warhorse is something quite needful.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Yes, merit = guild points.
Jabril

Post by Jabril »

Will there be any warhorses available for merit with the upcoming horse merchant?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

They're not really affiliated with the Church, so I don't really think it'd be a good fit. But, I will be reintroducing Destriers soon. Was actually looking at the Shadgard stables the other day trying to figure out a way I could neatly place a Templar-Only shop. Will revisit it when I can, might not be until the weekend depending on work schedule, still kind of tied up with that work project.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jabril

Post by Jabril »

I finally managed to save up enough to buy a warhorse. Now the question is, "How does a templar get it trained to use barding?" Do I need to wait for a special event or something? Did I jump the boat and should of waited for a special kind of horse?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Kinda jumped the gun there. But I'll let you trade it in for a 100% return on a destrier once I build that shop I've been talking about.

Return to “Knights Templar”