Chants Adjustments

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
Alexander

Chants Adjustments

Post by Alexander »

I have two requests regarding chants.

The first is regarding Chant: Clarity, which sees overlap with Resolve, has no secondary effect in addition to skill boosts as the others chants do, and is of little practical use to a Templar as it currently stands on its own. A requested addition would be to allow this chant to be used while under the effects of mind-altering effects in order to break them. For instance, if one is suffering a mesmerization, this chant would break the effect. This could come at a significant added energy cost in these scenarios, as well as roundtime if the Templar himself is under the effect.

The second is a request to merge some of the chant abilities. There are currently five, as I count them: Lightbearer, Resolve, Courage, Zeal, and Clarity. This takes up a significant amount of ability slots which are now limited. Considering the fact that, with the exception of Zeal, only one chant may be active at a time with a 60-second cooldown period, and cannot be cancelled prematurely in order to apply a new one in times of tactical need, perhaps some of the chants could be merged into a single ability in order to preserve precious limited ability slots.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
ydia

Re: Chants Adjustments

Post by ydia »

The way you describe it, sounds reasonable to me.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I dunno, having never played a Templar, but the current system seems fine to me. Nothing saying you have to get ALL the chants, especially if only one can be active at a time and some are lacking in utility. I'd take the most generally advantageous few, then have some ability slots open for whatever you want your character to have some outside skill in-whether that be swordsmanship or crafting or maybe a gun or some such.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I did have plans to reduce all the Chants into a single general Chant ability and different books or scrolls be required to perform the different chants, for what it's worth. I'll see if I posted about it somewhere.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Here it is:
Rias wrote: I am considering shuffling and combining some stuff like this. The Templar chants, for instance, will likely be combined into a single Sacred Chant ability, and there will be a new mechanic to determine how and when different specific chants can be used. Suggestions on this topic are welcome.
(Source: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5005&p=26934#p26934)

I never got around to it, but I thought it'd be pretty cool, and yeah, it'd address the several ability points required issue, when many of the chants are admittedly lackluster (particularly Courage and Clarity) or highly situational (Courage and Clarity again, as well as Lightbearer).
The lore compels me!
ydia

Post by ydia »

go Rias!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

The Templar abilities Chant: Clarity, Chant: Courage, Chant: Resolve, Chant: Lightbearer, and Chant: Zeal have been removed and replaced with a new s
ingle 'Sacred Chants' ability that unlocks all five chants, but may require additional skill checks for some of the harder to use (Zeal and Lightbearer) chants.

The old abilities have been automatically removed and ability points have been refunded.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

A belated but very sincere thanks for this update.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Shainar

Post by Shainar »

Thanks for this! I think some ability prerequisites need to be updated, though. Some are showing "chant_resolve" among the prerequisites. I bugged it in-game but am posting here in hopes of a quicker resolution, so I can get those abilities soon.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Fixed! Thanks for reporting it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Knights Templar”