tactics guardian

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
preiman
CLOK Patron

tactics guardian

Post by preiman »

it says in the description that tactics guardian has a passive chance of guarding everyone in the group. I've used it several times in group situations, and have only ever seen it lower my attack rolls. can this be looked into? i don't know if it's not working, or if i just have terrible luck.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: tactics guardian

Post by Rias »

It's really buggy, sorry. On the to-do list to fix. It should be happening fairly frequently.
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

thanks for looking into that
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

just a quick bump to see if this ever got fixed.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I missed this thread. I'll take a look at it soon.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Found an issue and possibly corrected it. The issue was that it was completely disabled... though we're not entirely sure why it was completely disabled, so re-enabling it may not necessarily be the full fix.

Go ahead and play around with it for a bit, and if you notice it not working or doing weird bug stuff, let us know please.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

The tactic is working great, however, would it be possible somehow to make it exclude things like rook minions or druidic allies? If it's not possible I understand, but it would be fantastic.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

In regards to the tactic - would it also be possible to make it so that if you don't have a weapon or shield in hand it defaults back to 'none' or rolls your dodge roll like other tactics currently do? Currently it gives you 0 defense roll options if you don't have anything equipped and are in this tactic.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Considering you're taking the hit for someone else, dodge doesn't seem like it should count, as to defaulting back to none, sometimes you got to take that hit when you're trying to keep people safe. It's a poor guardian who protects only when they take little or no risk themselves.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

This is more in regards to accidentally staying in that tactic and being attacked randomly with no defensive roll because you have no weapon or shield equipped. Other tactics allow a dodge roll in this case or move out of that tactic to accommodate. This one doesn't.

I'm not saying people should be dodging while guarding people, but hopefully while actually guarding someone you have a proper weapon or shield in use.
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Just to bump this thread, but is seems tactic guardian only works if you are the group leader in a group and not if you are only a member in the group? I wasn't sure if this was a bug or if this is intended.
"All I have are my codpiece, and my word...and I don't break them for no one."

Return to “Knights Templar”