Mounted Combat..?

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
Nootau

Mounted Combat..?

Post by Nootau »

Will this be a focus for the Knights Templar?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

They'll likely have some unique abilities to do with mounts.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

would they have access to lances and some kind of charge ability?Plus a guild service to provide stronger horses or even pegasi.And unicorns for those who want them.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I was considering recently some guild-specific mounts, though pegasi don't quite fit in my world view. I'd eventually like a charge-like ability for mounted combat, though I wouldn't want to restrict it to just Templar. Maybe Templar could have an ability for an improved type of mounted charge, though.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I would say guild service should be horse armor unlike most other's, rather then unicorns head armor for the horses to look like unicorns but can use it as a iron spear weapon vs spirits!
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

why not pegasi?They have traditionally stood for good.However if not some kind of pure white steed would probably do.The improved mounted charge would have to be for all knight type classes.On that note any death knight classes in the works?Sorcerers to oppose priests.X to oppose templars?The deathknights would have access to necromancy which does pure nether damage.The sorcerers would of course also gain necromancy.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Those exist in a way already, I forgot the link(someone find it please?) but there are a group of people who are half infected and physical based rather then magical, do you think this is a good offset?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

The only reason I don't think true pegasi as that might be too magical.. Now white steeds with clok wings.. now that is something else completely (hint hint wink wink)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Honestly, I've just always considered the idea of a winged horse rather silly. Unicorns I don't have as much an issue with.

Nootau, are you thinking of the symbiants, who are partially infested with the resen spores? If so, a note of clarification: Infested creatures are infested with a fungus that can potentially take over the host, and have nothing to do with nether. Also, that will be an "affliction" anyone can be effected by (one per character), rather than a guild.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

tch.Unicorns are meant to be practically immortal,have amazing healing powers and can only be ridden by women becuase men stink of too much violence...Unless of course you take the perverted version from ''brothers of the dragon'' where unicorns are evil,can only be killed by dragons,cant be ridden at all,have scales and eyes made of fire and are spawns of the dark queen or some such thing.
Collins

Post by Collins »

... wow.

Return to “Knights Templar”