Living cells and shields

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
Alexander

Living cells and shields

Post by Alexander »

Currently, there is no way to store a huge item in living cells. This is understandable due to the cramped nature of the cells and the intent that they be inferior to purchased homes. However, this makes it impossible for me to store my shield in my cell. I imagine wielders of larger twohanded weapons face a similar issue.

My first impulse was to ask that the tables in the cells be altered to allow huge items, but then there might be oddities such as someone storing a log on the table. Perhaps as an alternative, Templar could be granted, or be allowed to spend some recognition points on, a wall-mounted arms rack that could hold one weapon and one shield of up to Huge size.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Acarin

Re: Living cells and shields

Post by Acarin »

i think this is actually any issue with all dorms and not one that seems particularly problematic as not all guilds even have living cells... As a work around, you can always store your shield in the vault.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

From a mechanistic point of view, there's plenty of work-arounds. It's the flavour I find odd. Not a very high priority matter I think, but wall decoration sounds nice.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I actually brought this problem up a few weeks ago and the table was made able to store huge items, at least mine has my greatsword on it. Might check again and see if that works.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

My table is still too small, but thank you to whomever added the arms rack. My longsword and shield fit on it nicely. I also tested it, and it can indeed hold only one weapon and one shield.
look rack
The arms rack is small, with places only for a single weapon and shield.
On the small wall-mounted arms rack you see a gleaming celestium longsword and an ancient iron kite shield engraved with the symbol of a burning torch.

put knife on rack
The small wall-mounted arms rack already has a weapon and shield on it. It can't fit any more.

get shield
You remove an ancient iron kite shield engraved with the symbol of a burning torch from a small wall-mounted arms rack.

put knife on rack
There's only room for one weapon on the small wall-mounted arms rack.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Coolbeans. =D Glad you got it.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Its neat little things like that which sometimes make me want to try a templar.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “Knights Templar”