Request: cafeteria upgrade

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Nobody

Request: cafeteria upgrade

Post by Nobody »

Just wanted to make a formal request since there are so many elemancers about of late. I believe the cafeteria has been skipped in eatery updates for some time. It doesn't have any sit-down food (which is fine, dorm life is eat on the run) and it also lacks seating and tables. If anyone has the power to update that, the time, and the inclination to do so, I'm sure all the elemancy students will feel the love.
Alila

Re: Request: cafeteria upgrade

Post by Alila »

Well, it was just another minor request about the same area, so I didn't want to create a whole new topic for it, but could we maybe get some heating up in the training tower, too? There is research to be done, even if it's snowing.
Wait wait wait I could just do something IC about this maybe? O_O
I'll leave this here to remind myself to do something about it every time I check the forums. ;)
Unless there's a reason why this shouldn't be a thing?
Thank you!
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I think, thematically, it's appropriate that parts of a castle are cold. This is, after all, technically 1218 and not in a future where boilers and heaters are easily readily available.

BUT THIS IS ALSO A SCHOOL OF MAGIC, so... that being said I have no idea what the official opinion is.

The easiest solution is call up a wizard friend to conjure a fire orb for you!
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hmm, but they receive so much riln from incoming and enrolled students, and the training/research/experiment tower is something that I imagine gets used so so much by elemancers...it just makes sense to me that they'd provide some form of heating, or at least an indoor alternative, so that students can continue to research and study without having to worry about freezing to death. Sorry if this is a silly argument, because I understand what you mean about heating not being common, but if an organization like the University primarily deals in research, then would it not be in their best interests to ensure that research can occur full year round, rather than only half of it? I mean if cold were just a thing that kind of happened on occasion I'd understand that, but winter in the Lost Lands happens with frightening regularity. Again, sorry if this doesn't make sense.
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I think it's cool (no pun intended) that there are a few outdoor areas affected by the cold. To be honest, I'm not overly familiar with the area so not sure how much of it is exposed to the elements and how much is cozy indoors.

I'd be fine with seeing one or two key places have some sort of warming component to them, but I'd also like to see some completely exposed rooms so that they can study the effects of their magic in an unaltered outdoor environment without any artificial influence or something like that.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “The Elemancers”