Geomancy Projections Request

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Geomancy Projections Request

Post by Lun »

Hey all! I'm going to be posting all of my master Geomancy projection patterns requests here.

pattern - name - longdesc

buckler - A summoned geomancy buckler - a tool summoned by the use of geomancy.
workhammer (carpentry) - a summoned geomancy work hammer - a tool summoned by the use of geomancy.
pan (cooking) - A summoned geomancy pan - A tool summoned by the use of geomancy. It is a long slab of rock for frying food.

And that's basically everything I can mentally justify at the moment. I'm mostly requesting these because I think they're useful tools that I find myself using on a regular basis. The buckler's just there because we can have swords and spears, and I'd like a defensible added to the projection list.
Last edited by Lun on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Noctere
Coder

Re: Geomancy Projections Request

Post by Noctere »

The workhammer might be doable and I am pondering the viability of a buckler but I am afraid the pan is a no go. The reason being is that the exact thermal properties of projected geomantic matter comes into debate. A quick google search shows me that we had ceramic cookware and very crude stone pots that likely didn't hold up well or do much in the way of heat transfer.

Now if you can find me a solid ancient example of stone being used as a reliable cooking container or if you can get the ol lore hermit Rias to speak on the properties of geomantic matter then I might consider it.
It's not easy being evil...
xavier

Post by xavier »

You could possibly do a geomantic skewer. the heat transfer properties wouldn't come into account, I figure.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I got the idea for the cooking rock from one of these sites.
http://www.trailspace.com/forums/camp-k ... 98038.html
https://www.lds.org/new-era/1975/07/roc ... g?lang=eng
https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/survi ... frying-pan

Not sure exactly how historically accurate it is, but there are a lot of accounts of hikers using long, flat non-riverbed rocks for basic frying.

Since I think geomantic matter mimics the properties of earth, it shouldn't have any moisture in it that would risk explosions, as it's pure channeled geomancy. I assume it'd be porous enough to allow heat transfer, as well.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Hi team, any updates on what the verdict for adding the carpenter's hammer to the list of tools that could be projected?

Other tool requests:
Mortar and pestle

Return to “The Elemancers”