University Stairway, Aero Jumps, HydroGeo Tram!

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Orris

University Stairway, Aero Jumps, HydroGeo Tram!

Post by Orris »

It's been a long time since the aero lift shut down. Can we put some of that money we pay for tuition, textbooks, lessons, and everything else to use by putting in an easy to navigate stairway leading up to the University, instead of this mountain climbing method?

If the problem with the aero lift is that someone's just worried it will shut down with elemancy problems again and people will die trying to use it, what about a series of smaller aero jumps to bounce people up and down the mountain? If one fails sure you'd take a tumble, but it wouldn't be certain death like the aero lift.

Alternative idea: a Geo or Hydro Tram. When needed, a bunch of sand or water is conjured as a counterweight to power the ropes or chains and pullies that move the trams up and down. When the conjured counterweight gets to the bottom, it just dissolves like conjured elements always do, and more is generated at the top. Have locking cogs and gears at the top and bottom that only allow the tram rope or chain to go one way, so if the hydro and geo conjurers fail in transit and all the counterweight matter dissipates, the gears will just lock and the tram stops instead of plummeting and nobody gets hurt. Anyone stuck could climb out to the nearby mountainside and climb up and down the current path.

I can send these suggestions IC to the Headmistress but I wanted to get feedback on the ideas first.
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Orris

Re: University Stairway, Aero Jumps, HydroGeo Tram!

Post by Orris »

Even Pyro could be used with the tram to help lift the side going up: Hot air balloons!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I like the idea.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Can we please, please, please please please PLEEEEEEEEASE find a solution to access problem even if it's just carving out a regular old stairway? I hate going to the University anymore because it's such a hassle, and I'm sure it's not doing any good for the elemancer population.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

+1
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'm thinking about it. I kinda of like it being annoying and difficult to get into, it's supposed to not be newbie friendly at all and difficult to be a part of. I don't want seeing a hundred Elemancers running around.

But yeah, it's a bit absurd that they haven't made it easier on themselves.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

On themselves being the keyword here. The mountain path should remain as is for those that aren't a member of the University.

On proposition, perhaps have an exclusive guild portal for them to make it up the mountain, whereas those who do not pay tuition to attend have to take the path.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Just an update on this particular thread: A mechanical lift has been built at the University. Hooray, lazy people! You'll have to pay a fee to use it, but hey, it's worth it, right?

Return to “The Elemancers”