More chapters!

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Orris

More chapters!

Post by Orris »

I think we could use some more chapters in other cities. They don't have to have much more than a task master and trainer, and a post board, at the simplest. The town GMs can decide if they want to have them be a little nicer and expansive but it isn't strictly necessary.

Right now we have the University which is the main place of course, then we have a nice chapter building in Haiban, a windy cave in Shadgard, and an NPC loitering in a public Mistral building who doesn't really have any indication he's an elemancer, so I wonder if anyone even knows about him. I think the windy cave in Shadgard could use a small upgrade as simple as a small niche that's less windy for a post board. Mistral could use just a small building, in town or near it.

I don't know what Corvus has or doesn't have so I will leave that to the Corvus people.

If we want to get showier because Elemancers like to show off, we can work on the themes for each town.

Shadgard has the windy cavern already which ties it to air. Add in a giant set of organ pipes powered by Olivia's aeromancy! It can be heard throughout town on each bell, echoing through the canyon.

Mistral Lake can have a water theme place, like a lab built below the surface of the lake, under the wood town platform. Glass walls and floors, so you can see the fish and stuff swimming around you.

Haiban can be fire themed, with cool fire fountains, fireworks that go off every hour like the Mistral Lake clock tower (with one firework for each bell, so at 5 bells you would see 5 fireworks go off in the sky above town).

Corvus can have an earth theme place, and I don't ever have good ideas for earth so someone else can come up with them!
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
jilliana

Re: More chapters!

Post by jilliana »

I completely agree that Mistral Lake could use a definite upgrade. It doesn't really make sense to me that that NPC is where he is now.

Haiban has a building, but it's pretty basic. There isn't anything really 'cool' there. I guess it could be used to RP scholarly things, but I imagine some elemancers as being on the showy side.

I imagine Corvus as having a crumbling hole in the wall that could prove hazardous if too much experimentation happens at once. Nothing and no one is save and throw in a ghost and you're in Corvus business!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Orris

Post by Orris »

We have a building in Haiban, but only one NPC and they don't teach hydromancy. I mastered Hydro and can't learn from the textbooks anymore. Can we please get some NPCs to teach the different elements in Haiban so masters don't have to go all the way back to the University just to get training? The NPC here already teaches pyromancy, so that's covered.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Considering the reputation and neutral/good bent the University tries to keep I can't imagine there ever being Corvus chapter.

Sadly. I'd love a hydro or pyro minion. I'd even protect them.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

I thought I was your protected flaming death kitten.

But I'd love to see some more flavor to the Elemancer chapter areas, though to be fair I haven't checked out Shadgard's or Mistrals very... intensely
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Fairly sure Akila has dibs on you. Plus I'm really after someone with less of a moral conscience and more of a drive to present more skulls to the throne of Dhorne.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Dorns for the Dhorne Throne!
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Mistral doesn't have a chapter, just Hampton lounging at the inn. I always took him for a retired hydromancer rather than an active professor or teacher.

Shadgard's is pretty cool with the wind chamber but it's just one room with Olivia who teaches aeromancy and none of the other elements.

I probably should have made a new thread for the trainer request since the original for more chapters was almost a year ago. My most recent post was just asking for more trainers in Haiban so we have a trainer for each element somewhere other than University, since Haiban actually has its own Elemancer building. It seems like having more trainers there would make the most sense.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

Dorn wrote:Fairly sure Akila has dibs on you.
Akila may have dibs, but she has asked Dorn to protect her Tammy-Tam if ever you both fight together so feel free to use her as your firey kitten of doom. :)
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"

Return to “The Elemancers”