University placed in wilderness, portal gone

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Rias
DEV

University placed in wilderness, portal gone

Post by Rias »

Good news: The University is now reachable via mundane travel through the wildernesss! Follow the road north of Shadgard and go northeast at the first fork, southwest at the second fork.

Bad news: The portal in the Chamber of the Winds is gone. It was never intended to be there in the first place (as elemancers can't technically make portals) and was just a method to get students to the classroom until the University could be placed in the wilderness. To continue studies without having to constantly hike back to the University, it is recommended you save up for and purchase the textbooks on pyro-, hydro- and geomancy which you can study from anywhere. (Olivia will remain in the Chamber of Winds to teach aeromancy, channeling and spell aiming as usual. The aeromancer Roderic has been added to the University classroom as the in-house aeromancy professor.)

Awesome news: The method of entry into the University proper is awesome. At least, I thought so.
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

A few updates to the University since you guys are now way out in the wilderness.

- A training tower with a few dummies for new elemancers.
(This is near the dorms, it's at the top of the tower, so that should help you find it.)

- A Dining Hall - I will be adding a few more food varieties in the future.
(Because apparently we like you guys to survive on the elements alone as you treck about.)

Enjoy!
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Some complaints(Personal)
1 The university is far from most hunting ground,
2 Interaction with other players is harder,
3 logging and mining grounds are distant.Now logging I might understand but mining?The University is on or above a mountain which probably has rich mineral ore content.As well as this mountains would have trees on the lower slopes at least.This is even RP based.The mountain is simply unrealistic without trees or mines.If the problem is building I may be able to lay out twenty rooms.I have some small area in creating rooms.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Keep in mind that the University is not supposed to be a town.

Point 1: Everything on the map will eventually be far from something else on the map as the wilderness expands, so I'm not really concerned about this. The University is an independent organization, and its remote location reflects this. Getting a horse and learning Journeyman Aeromancy for the Fair Winds effect can help ease wilderness travel. For your basic training, you can always talk to Olivia in the Chamber of Winds inside Shadgard. For the various elemancy skills, you can purchase a textbook at the University store to bring with you so you can study anywhere. Those covered, the only time you'd need to return to the University is for promotions, and to access the shop or your dormitory.

Point 2: The same goes for any restricted guild area. They're not supposed to be general hangout and socializing spots for everyone - they're where you go to get your training, and to mingle with your guildmates. If the game's population ever goes up, the latter will of course be more likely.

Point 3: You can log in any forested area (with a few exceptions), and there's one literally right outside the Aero Lift. Can't get much closer than that. Most of the rest of the area surrounding the mountain is forested as well. That aside, I don't quite understand this issue. Neither mining nor logging is (mechanically) central to any Elemancer activities. While it would make sense to have a mine/caves where geomancers study the stone and ores, there still wouldn't be anywhere to sell them at the University. You'll have to haul them to a town with a market (another town will be opening somewhat soon with different commodity prices). Thus, it would be much more efficient to log or mine somewhere nearer to a town where you can sell it, rather than near your guild just for convenience and comfort.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

The mine or some sort of cave system would still be on or in the mountain due to weathering,the creation of the mountain etc.A blank mountain simply doesn't exist.Basically what I want say is that the mountain has potential for expansion.

Return to “The Elemancers”