Ability Request: Combat Casting

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
criticalfault

Ability Request: Combat Casting

Post by criticalfault »

I would like to request a Combat Casting ability for Elemancers to keep ranged like Udemi's Guerrilla Tactics. This should require like a melee/Channeling/Whatever skill prereq or something to keep it from being grabbed first off or what not, but later on it would be sweet!
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
Acarin

Re: Ability Request: Combat Casting

Post by Acarin »

I'm against this. From what I know about the university, they're not focused on physical movement and combat. Something like this requires quite a bit of physical ability and training and therefore seems very odd for elemancers.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Well sadly, the elemancers don't seem to be really focused on combat, yet, it'sll all they can really do with said abilities.
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

I would imagine that an elemancer would be more likely to keep ranged by putting heavier focus on their shield at the cost of offense (perhaps by widening their shield to keep enemies at bay). Of course, I'm taking an example from Harry Potter in this, where they refuse to teach the Dark Arts themselves, and instead teach the students how to defend against them. Along that vein, I fully expect any combat training the university might give would be defensive magic, rather than any sort of physical training,

That being said, with the recent suggestion that abilities might become less guild focused, if Guerilla Tactics become guild non-specific, it would allow an Elemancer to give up some of that peaceful studying in favor of that training.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Sadly, shields drain energy like opening a water bottle upside down and opening it. AKA Rediculous. But, it is very, very, useful to get away. No aero nova, but still.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I was under the impression that elemancers don't belong on the front lines, but simply supporting the other stronger characters. With this in mind it makes complete sense that they not be completely combat oriented, but made to support a group of people in creative ways.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

they are at the end of the day, glass cannons. capable of immense damage, but not really good on the front lines, but I think that's ok. No character should be good in every situation. and elemencers are already the kings of both damage, and crowd control. not to mention the variety of different effects they can already produce. I would say they probably don't need to get much more powerful, not until the rest of the guilds catch up anyway.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

jilliana wrote:I was under the impression that elemancers don't belong on the front lines, but simply supporting the other stronger characters. With this in mind it makes complete sense that they not be completely combat oriented, but made to support a group of people in creative ways.
...Have I really slept this long? What year is it?!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Maybe they need you to come back and show them a thing or two, Noot. :)
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Zoiya wrote:Maybe they need you to come back and show them a thing or two, Noot. :)
Last time I was back I was getting the Guild 'rebalanced' as a regular thing. I'm not sure I should drain the rest of the magic from the world.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Nootau wrote:
Last time I was back I was getting the Guild 'rebalanced' as a regular thing. I'm not sure I should drain the rest of the magic from the world.
Don't be chicken. :P
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Zoiya wrote:Don't be chicken. :P
Hmm... How much have Elemancers changed in my absence?
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Depends... What was it like the last time you were around?
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Yea, were you around when they added in the mastery limits?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I was there when Masteries were put in place, but they did nothing other than unlock three channels of the same element. Do they do something special now?
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Well, you can only have one of them now. And only two journeyman levels, counting the one you get mastery in.

Return to “The Elemancers”