Elemancer Combat Trainer

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Nootau

Elemancer Combat Trainer

Post by Nootau »

I just had an idea.. How about a trainer NPC that could give advise to combinations of channels onto different targets? Ex.

[Training Octagon]
The light blue portal ripples in the center of the room. Along the northern wall is a man sitting down, a book in hand, making notes. Along every other wall is a door that is closed tight.
Also here: the field instructor Chester
Obvious exits: northeast, east... northwest.

>ASK Chester ABOUT practice

The field instructor Chester says, "Today's lesson will cover Nether creatures, to be more precise, Shades and Spectres. These creatures are often found within grave sites but at times they also possess creatures, so be careful. They are extremely susceptible to an open flame, do focus on using you Pyromancy abilities. Go through the south-western doorway once you are ready, report back to me once you collect a bone charm from one of the Nether creatures inside."
Last edited by Nootau on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Landion

Post by Landion »

Interesting idea, but I'd much rather him send you out into the field to study and bring back some bone shards for further analysis.

The whole issue with training, and dummies is that we don't like you sitting in one room, instead of getting out into the world to train.

That's why training dummies weren't supposed to allow any skills to go over 50.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

In that case, seeing as Olivia only offers 'Collect samples' tasks, he could have TASKs for offensive properties after giving some information on what abilities are advised?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

If you don't mind my asking, are the only -mancy tasks are geo/hydro mancy surveying requests currently?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Correct. Tasks (for all guilds) are very much a work in progress.
The lore compels me!

Return to “The Elemancers”