New Ability: Nova Pattern

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Rias
DEV

New Ability: Nova Pattern

Post by Rias »

The University of Elemancy is proud to announce that, after years of hard work and study, a successful Nova Pattern has been formulated. This pattern is a complex, though uniform, way to weave a single element into an expanding ring around the caster, and thus has been added to the University's standard curriculum.

Headmistress Seren warns practicing Elemancers to use extreme caution when employing this Pattern, as it will effect anyone not right next to the caster, and would be dangerous to use in populated areas, such as towns and outposts. If a student is reported to abuse this ability and/or cause the injury of innocent bystanders, an investigation will be conducted and the student may be suspended or expelled from the University.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Minor concern. This has a almost 100% hit rate even while in tact block/dodge/parry, is this intended?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Tactics don't effect its chance to hit at the moment, considering it's just an expanding nova and not really aimed. I'd rather balance it with increased energy cost if it's deemed too powerful because of that, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I would like that idea of increasing the cost while in defensive or lowering the damage of the nova if that is possible, though making it cheaper or more powerful while using tact offence.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

What is the meaning of "not right next to the caster"? I had thought that meant "not Engaged in combat with the caster", but that does not seem to be the widely held theory.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Not in the caster's group.
The lore compels me!
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

"You can only apply the complex Nova Pattern when channeling a single element." I got this message when channeling two instances of pyro. Should it be worded "a single channel of an element"?

Arphaxad
[OOC - Ramses the Wise]: Don't make me stop the world again.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Maybe just "when maintaining a single channel."
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I've noticed when I use a geo nova the target after a while blinks dust from their eyes, how much of a penalty to their perception is this if any?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's an impressive 95% perception penalty, just like dirtkick.
The lore compels me!

Return to “The Elemancers”