Uber spells

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Isiaa

Uber spells

Post by Isiaa »

Now that specialization is in do we get OP spells with the specialization?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Might be in, are you a master in something?
Last edited by Nootau on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Landion

Post by Landion »

Nootau hurling lighting bolts and toasting the brains of my Corvus acolytes last night was pretty OP!

160 damage! Ouch.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

No master. Nootau can hurl lightnings wherever he likes. Also the uberspells were part of the justification for nerfing the elemancers. Only a small part and they weren't definite. Rias said that it would make them more likely. I think.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Nootau had to actually play and dedicate time to training to learn said powerful lighting bolt cast. So he could not just cast it whenever he wants until he reached that point.

Any spell released in the future will be the same way.

160 damage from a lighting bolt is more than any current weapon type (unless you're charging from horseback). So it IS a VERY strong spell. My calling it OP was in jest. It is a 3 channel spell, and intended to be strong.

The whole point is, elemancers were not 'nerfed' by this change and they may and probably will get more neat abilities in the future, but we're not going to make them 'OP'. The same applies to any other guild.

This is Alpha. Even in released games, changes are made that are necessary. You can expect it even more often in the case of CLOK.

Rias called them "uberspells". Not because they would be Over Powered, but because they will be tough to get, and be very draining to use, and likely very neat and fun. (See the Sunbeam ability monks just got.)

While abilities should be fun, we as GMs have to strive to achieve balance and reason with every choices we make, and ability released. The recent changes are a part of helping achieve that balance for the way things are, and for potential spells in the future.

There will be more strong and fun spells coming in the future. Those spells will be available so that dedicated players can obtain them as a reward for their hard work and training.

As always, players ideas, when reasonable and well thought out, are helpful and welcome.

Currently, even if we were to release a mastery level spell ZOMGWTFBBQ HURRY RIGHT NOW!!! there isn't an elemancer in existance who could even use it yet. (I know 1 who is close.)

So with that said, I think a little less time worrying about what doesn't exist yet, and a little more time enjoying what does exist and preparing for what could be coming in the future would be entirely beneficial.
Last edited by Landion on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

<Flexes>

Btw, I will be advancing my geo studies, I shall be a Master of Geomancy soon.

BTW, Lightning is a pain in the butt to use and master. It takes me training three different elements to increase the accuracy by a noticeable point, and drains my energy significantly.. It is one of my better options but, once I become a master of Geomancy I will report the difference in power.
Last edited by Nootau on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Landion

Post by Landion »

[quote=Nootau]Lightning is a pain in the butt to use and master. [/quote]

This is exactly reason I mentioned it and exactly why I don't mind it being so strong. It is also the reason why such a powerful ability isn't unbalanced.

It also is amazingly effective when channeled at my eyeball as I'm trying to kill you with all kinds of undead baddies! Hehe.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I would of used Nova more often but it seems to act a little odd. The group was disorganized and so.. more often than not I was hitting allies, yet at the same time I wasn't hitting all the foes.. arg.

That undead using the Hydro nova through everyone off.. The Elemancers kept blaming each other XD. Nice to see the NPCs have nifty powers now and not just high stats.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Elemancers won't be getting overpowered spells. They will get some pretty uber ones for their mastered element, though.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

[quote=Nootau]I would of used Nova more often but it seems to act a little odd. The group was disorganized and so.. more often than not I was hitting allies, yet at the same time I wasn't hitting all the foes.. arg.

That undead using the Hydro nova through everyone off.. The Elemancers kept blaming each other XD. Nice to see the NPCs have nifty powers now and not just high stats.[/quote]

On Novae hitting allies: I'm working on making it so they don't hit mounts of people in your group. Oops.

On the wight nova-ing and people blaming the elemancers in the group: Bwahahaha. Wights have always had the capability to cast hydro nova, they just don't have an AI for it.

Yet.

Bwahahahaha.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

I merely wanted a time-scale. That is all.
Landion

Post by Landion »

[quote=Isiaa]I merely wanted a time-scale. That is all.[/quote]

RSN

;)
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

It'll be a while before you get to that level anyway. Don't worry about it.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.

Return to “The Elemancers”