Suggestions

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Rias
DEV

Suggestions

Post by Rias »

A topic just for Elemancer suggestions.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

this is a suggestion.Aeromancy and geomancy summons a dust or sand storm.Just a small one.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Excellent idea. I'll work on coding it up.
The lore compels me!
Keapon

Post by Keapon »

I'm new here so I don't know what I'm talking about.
The game Magicka(On Steam for about 10$, I am not affiliated in any way) has a system based completely on elemental combos. 8 'elements' + 1 special I know of. Good place to look for ideas for the combo duds. Some combos can be cast at the environment so to speak. Barrier+Fire to make a wall of fire. Made me think of GeoShield cast at the room to block an exit.

They also have special non-combat combos. Like Lightning+Life is the Revive spell. Order matters in these special combos. I thought it would be a good idea for utility spells and cantrips.
Minor Weave Geo+Hydro+Hydro. Prank your friends with Slime! Makes a minty salad dressing. Caution: Does not make enemies slip. Not liable for broken friendships. Not liable for any injuries or damages in the use of or as a consequence of using this product. Not recommended for human consumption. Under no circumstances allow slime to come into contact with dead bodies(Bonus reference).
Since order matters and in that game you can string 5-6 elements in one cast the possibilities are endless but only a few work. So you could make alot of different spells like this, perhaps some in books at the shop and some as quest/explore(ruins!)/whatever awards. Even penalties for non-existent combos to make experimentation more...interesting. :)

Other ideas: I'd be nice for me if Geomancy helped in mining. :) Charging up combat spells would be cool. Take some time to charge up a 3-in-1 blast before combat. Even trance it if you can afford the extra time, behind a tank maybe. If balance is needed, charge a penalty. 3-in-1 blast costs 4 regular blasts worth of energy. Maybe skill based. Charge more with better efficiency the higher your Channeling skill.
I've only been in one battle, but it looked like I was hurling stones at the enemy. Hurling seems to imply the rocks are flying up on their own. Seems more Geo+Aero. Stone spikes or a rocky fist may look better. Or maybe I misread it. :)
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I think since you're manipulating the earth to begin with, you could manipulate it to move through the air even without aeromancy. I've always assumed you gather the matter together to make the clod of earth, then propel it forward toward a target with a single burst of that same power that you used gathered the matter together with in the first place.

A "rock fist" geomancy effect would be cool for brawling, though. If you're into magic.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Landion

Post by Landion »

What would people think about a geomancy ability that allows a geomancer who is currently channeling to be able to sense slight vibrations in the ground of someone sneaking into the area?

(Avatar anyone?)

Example:

With Geomancy channelled...

"You sense the faint vibrations of someone moving quietly into the area."

There could then be a perception check... If the person were VERY stealthy, you would still have a chance not to see them.

"You look in the direction of the vibrations but see nothing."
or...
"You look in the direction of the vibrations and notice Jaster, attempting to sneak quietly into the area."

- I see this working only outdoors, and while actively channeling geomancy.

Also, I do agree that actively channeling Geomancy should have a positive effect on mining, so I'll have to get around to looking at how to add that sometime soon.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Why only outdoors? Also Aeromancy could work the same. Just harder to attain that kind of skill and harder to avoid.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Indoors in an Urban environment you'd have wooden boards or planks typically between you and the earth. So you'd not have direct contact with the ground to sense such subtle things.

Indoors in a cave, however, I see it working just fine, or even more effectively.

Again, just ideas off the top of my head. These are ideas we'd have to discuss in detail as a GM group before even beginning to code.
Last edited by Landion on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Lol, why does everything have to do with seeing me now a days?
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

If people know to be wary of you, it sounds like you've been sloppy!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.

Return to “The Elemancers”