Task ideas for the elements

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Lyn

Task ideas for the elements

Post by Lyn »

So far the only tasks I know of are hydro and geo sample. They assign you to go to some place and you go there and survey with your element active. I think it would be rather nifty if you were assigned to help the surrounding lands with it. I'm not sure how the university views those who can't channel, or how the surrounding towns view the university, but it would be interesting if you were sent to a windmill, like the one outside Shadgard and with aeromancy you were made to spin the mill for so long. Hydromancy can be done the same way with the water mills, like the one outside Mistral. Pyromancy could be used for blacksmiths' furnis'. The idea is fairly clear I hope. Just some tasks that create a sort of chore for you to do that help the cities in some way. Maybe these people need to get a deadline done, and they have to cut so many pieces of wood, and it's slow going relying on nature to help them, so they higher an aeromancer from the university to help power the mill. Same with the water mill, and maybe a blacksmith is like I have this order, and I need very specific burning tempretures, and so he/she highers a pyromancer from the university. I hope i'm not just rambling at this point. Oh and geo could be used for mining opperations.
Kunren

Re: Task ideas for the elements

Post by Kunren »

I can certainly see some of this happening. Would take a strong aeromancer to make a difference with a windmill though I think, and pyromancers probably aren't precise enough to help all that much with smithing. I think Geomancy could come in handy while mining though, depending on the exact things you would be able to help with there and the limits of geomancy. Don't know how much a hydromancer could really do to help push a waterwheel either, river pretty much has that done. these would all be awesome ideas though, tasks like this would be great.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Tasks are part of the reason I hardly play my elemancer. They're boring and yield very low guild points in return
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I love the ideas. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “The Elemancers”