utility ideas

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
criticalfault

utility ideas

Post by criticalfault »

Geomancers floating container thingy - a small earthen box that floats near you like a mage candle. three sizes based on mastery level. good for boxes, mining (at higher levels), perhaps even to haul corpses.

Geomancers easy up - cast at any climbing challenge to reduce the difficult of the climb because of sudden handholds and earthen posts. would only last a few minutes.

Pyromancers warmth - allowing pyromancers to becoming a walking heat source. would reduce energy regains like shars claws awhile active.

Pyromancers and aeromancers clarity - destroys/clears away fog in an area.

Aeromancers flying army - advanced verison of aerojump that brings everyone grouped with you.

Wall of {element} - forms a wall of an element over a portal or direction (this wouldnt work in wilderness areas without a mastery, require jouneyman just to perform maybe?). Water would try to knock people down, fire would burn, air would hurl people into the air and earth would need to be climbed or destroyed. walls of course would cause tremendous strain and reduce energy slowly over time too.

I still pray we get a lab to explody ourselves in!
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
jilliana

Re: utility ideas

Post by jilliana »

I love most of these ideas.
They do make me wonder what cartoon you've been watching. :P
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
DEV

Re: utility ideas

Post by Rias »

Floating container thing: Might be somewhat useful, although the elemancer would have to constantly provide the energy for the container to be fighting gravity, working harder the heavier it got. Probably useful for when the elemancer's own containers are already full and he needs to haul more stuff. (The "floatiness" of conjured matter isn't free, it's affected by gravity and requires energy to fight that force)

Handholds etc. for climbing: There are a few issues with this: 1) The holds can't "integrate" with the existing stone so the elemancer would essentially need to provide the energy to have them "float" there and support his weight, probably not an effective solution for any appreciable climb (too much energy cost/strain on the caster - remember geo is particularly difficult to maintain since it's denser material). 2) The holds would disappear as soon as the cater stopped channeling.

Warmth: Like mentioned in the other thread, this would work via conjuring a campfire-like flame, which would be sizeable enough to take a signficant energy toll on the caster. Useful for sure, but it would be noticeably draining on the caster.

Getting rid of fog: Spiffy idea!

Walls: Been mentioned before, I think it'd be cool to implement.
The lore compels me!

Return to “The Elemancers”