Hydro Shield implemented!

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Rias
DEV

Hydro Shield implemented!

Post by Rias »

Hydro Shield has been implemented in its complete form, and now has an informative wiki article.
The lore compels me!
Orris

Post by Orris »

This is awesome!
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Is there a way to mitigate the accuracy penalty of the hydro shield from the Mancer's pov?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

No, it's meant to be a balancing factor of this type of shield.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Currently this shield does not lessen the damage of flame attacks, could this be changed as this shield is vulnerable to cyromancy?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Hydro Shield currently reduces damage of nearly all damage types, and is not specially vulnerable to cryomancy. Additional effects where appropriate are on the overflowing to-do list.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I have not noticed damage being lowered thanks to Hydro shield, I can only noticed accuracy penalties. Do you know of a NPC that does roughly the same damage per hit so i can test myself how much it reduces?
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Carved wooden swords do a small range of damage, you could ask someone to attack you with one of those.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I will make note of that, thanks.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

While the damage range for wooden swords may be low, they may also be less sensitive to change in damage. If you're planning on looking for finer changes, don't expect to be able to do this getting hit by a low damage weapon.

Of course, this would depend on how big the hydro shield damage reduction is. If it's less than 20% you may have a difficult time resolving it without getting hit a hundred or more times.

Just an FYI.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The degree of damage resistance on Hydro and Aero shield vary from strike to strike, so it'll be pretty difficult to test. Test weapons and debug messaging have proved they're doing their jobs, though.
The lore compels me!

Return to “The Elemancers”