Casting Fear and getting npcs to follow you

Daiden

Casting Fear and getting npcs to follow you

Post by Daiden »

I did this by mistake a few days ago and didn't notice the impact until I think almost a day later or so when Sophie texted me something about carriers in dusklamp killing each other and wondering if she had messed something up that I had been doing. Not sure how they knew I had caused this, but that's beside the point.

Tonight, I'm down in the tunnels and I fear a carrier into following me. I am exhausted right after while we're in a fight, so I run out, hide, then run back in. I notice more carriers coming in and they all basically start fighting. 11 of them die. The last one alive starts hitting itself into exhaustion, passing out, waking up, attacking itself, etc etc. I kill it off in the hopes that it will end that cycle.

On down into the troglodyte area. I am now actively aware that I might have accidentally broken something, so I try again (to confirm the bug). I fear a trog, they start fighting other trogs, stop following me, continue to fight other trogs, I hide, trogs kill each other, and then start attacking themselves into exhaustion.

Trogs, like I am assuming the carriers would have tried to do, flee from themselves when they wake up. They then attack themselves until they pass out or die, then continue on doing this.

This sort of thing starts spreading like wildfire where now trogs are fighting trogs in every room. If there aren't trogs in the room, they fight themselves until another one either spawns in, or they flee, or they kill themselves.

I hope this makes sense. My brain is super foggy right now... buy basically, I think fearing some mobiles in certain areas will cause them to spread out and start killing themselves/each other repeatedly.

Edit: The upside is that if I don't kill the creature, loot doesn't drop. So the 11 bodies that piled up, only 2 had loot (the 2 I killed or had an impact on maybe). Same with the trog bodies.

Return to “Bug Reports”