Issues with accounts

Jirato
DEV

Issues with accounts

Post by Jirato »

Please post any issues or concerns you have with accounts here. I've already fixed the most prominent bugs such as issues with TELL and REPLY. CHAT has been super hectic lately though and I can't keep track of everything.

If your issue has already been brought up by someone else, please do not repost it.

If your issue is personal (a specific character or account not working), email support instead, from the address registered with your account.

NOTE: You must select the Toggle Nickname option before logging in, if desired, otherwise you will be a guest. Default nickname is your account name, BUT, default OPTION is the guest name. Even if you set a nickname, you will still show up as a guest until you explicitly select to use your nickname or character name. This is intentional and not a bug.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lemuel

Re: Issues with accounts

Post by Lemuel »

Ok, the issue I am having is that the game thinks I am connected when I am not, and I have no work around except to wait what appears to be a random number of minutes before the code understands I have lost link.

In these circumstances, I try to reconnect again, and the game gives me: 'This account is already logged in from another session. Please disconnect first.". There is no way to get to that other session to disconnect it because it doesn't exist anymore on my end.

The game should do an auto-disconnect when this happens so we are not blocked for a while from getting back in.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I amaware of the concerns being brought here and in CHAT about people that have disconnected from the MUD not being able to immediately reconnect, having to wait a random amount of time (typically minutes, not aware of anyone that has been stuck for hours) before they can reconnect.

Due to the sensitive nature of character and account saving, and the possibility of catastrophic failure if performed wrong (see earlier announcements about us having to disable the NAMECHANGE command), I am taking my time to assess this and ensure the fix doesn't introduce worse problems such as duplicated accounts or characters.

A fix will happen eventually, but it's not going to be overnight and may not even be before Christmas.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Rannveig

Post by Rannveig »

Some players were recently trying to send mail to some characters icly and it brought up an apparent issue where the post office says characters made under the new account system don't exist. It started with Trtr1000, character name Souldan. No one who tried was able to mail him. I tried to mail someone else a little later, who I believe registered after the new account system was made--Notguest, character name Eaurein. It brought up this string, and similar strings for others who couldn't be mailed:

(Character Eaurein does not exist - please double-check the name. If you are trying to mail an NPC, please use the npcmail command.)

This was also tested with Vaelin's character made under the new account system, Elezen, and a character I made under the new account system, Marion. The spellings of all the names were double-checked. Legacy characters could still be mailed, as I've been able to send mail to characters I know were created before the new account system. Vaelin tried setting up a post office destination with Elezen and had me test again, and it still said that character didn't exist.

Editing in a quick clarification: "Account names" are just referring to the names the players go by in chat. And since my BBS name isn't the same as mine, it would be Heckturtle.

Return to “Bug Reports”