Task Targets and Janitoring

TheCacklackian

Task Targets and Janitoring

Post by TheCacklackian »

So, I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, or if this should be put under suggestions, but I'd ask that you disable janitoring for task enemies for rooks until they have been harvested.
I was tasked with killing and harvesting the soul shreds of a infested brigand, and I killed it, only I exhausted all my energy to do so, and had to leave the room as there was a second brigand there. I was unable to harvest it first, i then re-entered the room to harvest after sniping the brigand through the entrance and resting enough to get energy to harvest, I peered through the entrance and saw that neither the corpses were there, I searched the area a bit going into the surrounding rooms and the corpses were no where to be found. So I was forced to remove the task and lose points for a task that I had all but completed. I hope this doesn't come off as complainy, and I know one task isn't a big deal.
Noctere
Coder

Re: Task Targets and Janitoring

Post by Noctere »

This is something being considered for a few different corpses in general. For example the same thing can happen if you somehow managed to kill a drakolin but ended up bleeding to death in the next room. So you get brought back only to find that the corpse has magically vanished and all that effort was for naught. Or what if you managed to kill a desired critter in a room full of other critters where you are forced to flee, for a moment, to rest up so you can come back and claim your prize, only to find that it too has vanished?

So, this is something were are looking at and would like to make a little better, in the future.
It's not easy being evil...
TheCacklackian

Re: Task Targets and Janitoring

Post by TheCacklackian »

Oh I hadn't even thought about how that affects things like standard hunting and skinning/looting. Maybe set it up so it only despawns a certain time after it dies? Or have corpses have some kind of decay to them where they slowly decay over time unless preserved purposefully? Those are just some random ideas. Like I said, missing out on one or two tasks isn't a huge deal, I would certainly be more bummed if I spent the time to hunt a drakolin only for it to despawn. For future reference, should things like this be posted in bugs or should they be posted in suggestions?

Return to “Bug Reports”