Leather crafted sheaths/quivers turning heavy!

Kent

Leather crafted sheaths/quivers turning heavy!

Post by Kent »

I have discovered a pretty serious bug with leathercrafted sheaths, baldrics, scabbards, etc and quivers.

These items are gaining 3 pounds. I can see this when I sell them at the pawnshop.

It was my initial belief that it was putting finishing touches on the item triggered the bug (and I reported it as such, sorry), so I stopped putting finishing touches on my products. However, my un-retouched scabbards began gaining weight as well, so I tried to deduce what was the actual trigger. It turns out, the act of putting a weapon into the sheath-item is the event that makes the weight gain.

If you wear several of these items, your character may be carrying an extra 9 pounds, interfering with tumble, lightfoot, etc. Please find the cure! Thank you.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato
DEV

Re: Leather crafted sheaths/quivers turning heavy!

Post by Jirato »

How are you taking the weapon out of the sheath? Do you have one of these bugged sheaths on your person? If so, please send a REQUEST referencing this BBS post while you are carrying a sheath so that one of our GMs may pick it up from you for examination.

There are two weight values on items, "base weight" and "in container weight". These are added together when you weigh an item. I suspect the base weight is correct but whatever you're doing to remove the sword isnt properly subtracting the sword's weight from the in container weight.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Hi Jirato,

Just saw this post now. Will get a container or sheath of some sort ready for next log in.

It caused my holster, baldric, scabbard, rucksack, etc to permanently gain weight. All I did was "get sword", for example.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

My holster and scabbard is really heavy too, they are weighted with authority. The command I've been using is "get justice".

Return to “Bug Reports”