Seems like wands and staves no longer function

Lun
CLOK Patron

Seems like wands and staves no longer function

Post by Lun »

This might be directly related to the recent devlog regarding "a spellcasting mechanic exploit" but it seems like even if we have the related ability e.g. pyromancy, geomancy, we aren't able to zap a wand/stave without having an active channel up.

Also, geomancy tasks aren't being issued at the moment.

Thanks for your attention to the aforementioned issues!
Jirato
DEV

Re: Seems like wands and staves no longer function

Post by Jirato »

I can understand how my fix may have broken staves... unfortunately, going to be a pretty big undertaking to fix, will unfortunately be broken for a short while.

Shouldn't' have affected the task code at all, sure you're not just incredibly unlucky with that?
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hi,
So I'm not crazy? Other elemancers with the geomancy apprentice ability aren't getting geomancy tasks, too? From rank 3 to rank 10--rank 3 was the rank I had before the ability rank distribution--it's been hydromancy all the way. ;)
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Yep, I'm not getting any geomancy tasks at all.

I tested this on both my 0 geomancy character as well as my 1500 geomancy character.

The Headmistress Seren says, "Good work! You should know enough now to use Geomancy: Apprentice onyour own."

EAvd>
Your guild doesn't currently have any tasks to assign.

Return to “Bug Reports”