Seems some adjectives no longer working with 'get' command.

Kent

Seems some adjectives no longer working with 'get' command.

Post by Kent »

I used to be able to Get Masterful Longsword or Get Steel Carbine, but lately code returns, 'Get what?'

I can still get the item if I drop the adjective, though.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Re: Seems some adjectives no longer working with 'get' command.

Post by Tangela »

I've actually also noticed some targeting issues lately as well. Not sure what the commonality is yet though.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I haven't been able to reproduce this, could you provide some more specific examples?
gm iedit pread masterfully-crafted
The longsword did not previously have a pread.

The longsword pread is now: masterfully-crafted

EsCmprsAvd>
drop longs
You drop a masterfully-crafted longsword.

EsCmprsAvd>
get masterful longsword
You pick up a masterfully-crafted longsword with your right hand.

EsCmprsAvd>
gm iedit pread masterfully-crafted celestium
The masterfully-crafted longsword pread was: masterfully-crafted

The masterfully-crafted longsword pread is now: masterfully-crafted celestium

EsCmprsAvd>
drop longs
You drop a masterfully-crafted celestium longsword.

EsCmprsAvd>
get masterful longsword
You pick up a masterfully-crafted celestium longsword with your right hand.

EsCmprsAvd>
drop longs

EsCmprsAvd>
get celestium longs

EsCmprsAvd>
drop longs

EsCmprsAvd>
get masterful celest longs
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

With regards to this issue, I believe the targeting flaws may be because the object is in or on something that's interfering. For example... while I can apparently look at an item in a pack on a table, I cannot retrieve that item from the pack without first removing it from the table. To further investigate this, you would want to report where you were getting the item from, the exact phrasing of the target object, the exact command used, and potentially the full room description and current contents as well. I realize you're saying that it's only the adjective messing things up as you can still get the item without it, but without the full context there's no way to tell. It could be something as simple as a typo. There are a many things that could be messing up targeting with "get" that aren't actually an issue with the command itself. But if there is a bug, the more details the better.

The things I've noticed wonky about targeting haven't so much been with "get" as with other commands.

If there's more than one thing in the room with similar adjectives the room seems to automatically target the "1" item regardless of what's in your character's hand. And then I was unable to manually target the 2nd or 3rd item for a specific command - in this case - turning book pages. Since the command for doing that doesn't allow adjectives at all (apparently), I had to actually take the item out of the room to use it without interference.

This is also a frequent issue with trying to get an item from your person when a similar item is in a town crate, table, shelf, or other storage device that's been left open. Your character will usually take the similarly worded item from the public container unless you specify "get my <item>". This can then lead to issues or embarrassment for the character later on. I'm not sure how the coding works, but making it so that commands default to what's on your person or in your hands could make a lot of things easier in-game rather than commands failing or mis-targeting from the intended because they try to use things on shelves or on a table that you have to "get" first, or get the wrong item entirely.

Additionally there are cases where people's horses are targeted instead of the person for odd words on that object. For example - Maric's horse has a "marking" of some sort on it listed after the noun. If you try to talk to Maric directly with his horse in the room you better use close to his full name or it will latch onto the "marking" which isn't even one of the pre-ads and probably shouldn't target at all.
Kent

Post by Kent »

I haven't seen any targeting issues for items in the last couple of weeks, must be fixed now.

With regards to stabling/retrieving horses, there are some targetting issues but I have learned to work around them.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I will add to this - you can't use this command with the new harnesses. If you have a shield on a harness, a simple "Get shield" will not work. Harnesses and horse gear are odd in their implementation (but are awesome and everyone should just suck it up and type from harness)

Return to “Bug Reports”