Shield Bashing

gralkik

Shield Bashing

Post by gralkik »

I scanned, scrolled, and tirelessly searched for any information regarding shield use. And, couldn't find the answers I am looking for to verify weather this could be potentially be a bug or not. But, here goes. I have this character that is a heavy user of the shield. And I found that when you SHOVE something, it is knockdown prone and stunned, but not for very long.
You attack an infested laborer with your steel-bossed kite shield!
shield (+*****) (M:406 vs D:162) 12 bludgeon damage - to the chest, partially deflected by a black leather cuirass.
An infested laborer falls to the ground!

An infested laborer is stunned!
(energy -5)
Roundtime: 6 seconds.

shove
Wait 4 seconds. Queuing following command: shove
(You may clear your command queue at any time)

ENEng>
An infested laborer no longer appears stunned.

An infested laborer stands up.

An infested laborer attacks you with his wooden mallet!
mallet (-------) (M:162 vs D:561 B:559) Dodged!

(energy -2)
You attack an infested laborer with your steel-bossed kite shield!
shield (+*****) (M:406 vs D:162) 6 bludgeon damage - to the chest, partially deflected by a black leather cuirass.
An infested laborer falls to the ground!

An infested laborer is stunned!
(energy -5)
Roundtime: 6 seconds.
I had wondered if this was just based on the skill: Shield Use, but that I am not sure.

Also, in researching how Shield Bash is to work, I found that in Tactics: Guardian, it says,
(OOC: A tactic granting a passive chance to intercept attacks on all group members, a chance to preempt attacks with a shield shove or bash, and increased defenses at a slight penalty to offense.)
But, I have never once seen it perform a preemptive shield bash. As well as, while mentioning Tactics: Guardian if a person is using a light weapon (shortsword, rapier or sabre) they don't get a chance to Sword Riposte, like they would while in Tactics: Parry, even though you have a better chance to parry/block with Tactics: Guardian.
Tactics: Parry
An infested laborer attacks you with his wooden mallet!
mallet (-------) (M:163 vs P:1866) Parried by a slender steel rapier with a soft leather-wrapped grip!
You follow the parry with a quick riposte!
You attack an infested laborer with your slender steel rapier with a soft leather-wrapped grip!
rapier (+*****) (M:389 vs D:131 P:119) 3 pierce damage - to the chest, barely deflected by a black leather cuirass.
Kiyaani

Re: Shield Bashing

Post by Kiyaani »

I believe the answer I've gotten over the years has been that the knockdown from shoving with a shield isn't meant to be overly long. If you're fighting with a group it gives a decent advantage to the other members who aren't in roundtime. But that won't apply if you're fighting solo. As far as I know the stun doesn't increase with greater skill. As for the rest of this, I'm not sure.

Return to “Bug Reports”