The Case of The Confused Sword

jilliana

The Case of The Confused Sword

Post by jilliana »

Here's part of the log from the incident. Not sure if it's happening to anyone else.

You drop an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt.
You remove some long blacksmith tongs from inside an embroidered dual-strapped mahogany leather satchel with your right hand.
You detach a steel forge hammer from your supple leather belt with a dainty turquoise buckle displaying a five-pointed star.
You place an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt into the coals of the forge, heating it to a bright orange glow before returning it to the anvil.
You hammer away at an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt, the strong heat allowing you to melt the flaws back together. Looking over the weapon, it seems you have managed to repair it. Using your tongs, you plunge it into the nearby trough of water causing steam to fill the air with a loud *HISSSSS*.
(energy -25)
25 seconds.
On the large black iron anvil you see an exquisite iron longsword.

So basically, the riversteel one is on the ground, and the iron one is on the anvril. I'm repairing the one on the ground, and that one isn't even damaged, but the one on the anvril is.

Also. When I tried to repair a couple of more times, I got the following:
You hammer away at an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt, the strong heat allowing you to melt the flaws back together. Looking over the weapon, it seems you have managed to repair it. Using your tongs, you plunge it into the nearby trough of water causing steam to fill the air with a loud *HISSSSS*.

Confused! This has never happened to me before!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Re: The Case of The Confused Sword

Post by Jirato »

Can you post the full log along with your input? I think we're missing some vital information here.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I think I see what's happening here... Is there some sort of automatic heat in the repair command?

It's impossible for you to type HEAT and it target an item on the ground, it only targets items on the anvil. You don't even need to type 'heat longsword', just 'heat', it ignores the rest of the input and targets the first item on the anvil...

That's where I am confused and saying we're missing information. I'm going to assume based on the snippet that you provided, that you just typed REPAIR LONGSWORD and never typed HEAT, right?
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Right. I never type heat.

I've been repairing stuff for a little while now and that has never happened before. I have yet to look at my output log so I'll get it to you ASAP.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

exa right
You carefully examine an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt...
A unique pattern of delicate ripples covers the surface of the longsword.
You notice Ardor's crafting mark.
It is a large item, mainly made of riversteel.
It is a type of longsword, capable of doing slash, pierce and hack damage.
It could be wielded in melee combat with either one or two hands, its effectiveness dependent on your Swords skill.
It feels a bit awkward to wield, and you figure you could get up to 2 strikes per attack with it.
It would give you a moderate advantage at parrying incoming blows.
It appears to be in good repair.
It appears to be of superior quality.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

exa left
You carefully examine an exquisite iron longsword...
You notice nothing unusual about the blade.
You notice Ardor's crafting mark.
It is a large item, mainly made of iron.
It is a type of longsword, capable of doing slash, pierce and hack damage.
It could be wielded in melee combat with either one or two hands, its effectiveness dependent on your Swords skill.
It feels a bit awkward to wield, and you figure you could get up to 2 strikes per attack with it.
It would give you a moderate advantage at parrying incoming blows.
It appears to be battered.
It appears to be of superior quality.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

put left on anv
You put an exquisite iron longsword on the large black iron anvil that is in the room.

remove sat
You take off an embroidered dual-strapped mahogany leather satchel.

drop sat
You drop an embroidered dual-strapped mahogany leather satchel.

drop long
You drop an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt.

get tong
You remove some long blacksmith tongs from inside an embroidered dual-strapped mahogany leather satchel with your right hand.

remove ham
You detach a steel forge hammer from your supple leather belt with a dainty turquoise buckle displaying a five-pointed star.

repair 2 long
You place an exquisite riversteel longsword with a cobalt hilt into the coals of the forge, heating it to a bright orange glow before returning it to the anvil.
(energy -25)
Roundtime: 25 seconds.

l on anv

repair long
Wait 3 seconds. Queuing following command: repair long

Repair what? You need to be holding the item in hand.

l on anv

repair long
Repair what? You need to be holding the item in hand.

repair 2 long
(energy -25)
Roundtime: 25 seconds.

I had to put the riversteel one away for the other one to get repaired in the end.

Return to “Bug Reports”