Glittering Caverns Big Bug

Adaria
Mentor

Glittering Caverns Big Bug

Post by Adaria »

Incoming wall of text, sorry guys. I hope this coupled with my bug report can help address the issue with little problems.

The bug report associated with this is 14197 and I submitted it from the glittering cavern itself.

So, I won't repeat the entire huge long bug report I submitted this morning, but my artisan Talia found a glittering cavern in my mine, but it doesn't look like one on the inside, and I can't mine in it or dig it out to make it bigger.

Not knowing how long they last I decided to post a partial log of finding it, it was, oh around eight to nine thirty or so central, so seven to eight thirty game time. I forget the exact time. Didn't have time to post this then and didn't think about it until later in the afternoon.

Below the log starts, just cut and pasted from my VIPMud log file, it's in two parts as you'll see.

Suddenly a portion of the mine wall crumbles away! When the dust clears you see a large cavern has been exposed!
[CHAT - Coanid]: I really feel for survivalists.
(Type stop to stop auto-prospecting.)
You continue mining the area with your sturdy steel pickaxe. (M:1690)
Using your expertise in mining, you selectively prospect the area in search of azurite.
Suddenly, the glint of minerals causes you to pause. As the dust clears you see you have discovered an azurite vein!
Roundtime: 9 seconds.
(energy -9)
[CHAT - Dennis]: There's someone who recently has been departing every death because they're an off-hours player
chat Just do something risky for a bit and you'll work it off, it can even be mining or logging.
[CHAT - Althea]: Just do something risky for a bit and you'll work it off, it can even be mining or logging.
l
[Reinforced Mine Shaft]
This shaft is reinforced with perfectly placed supports and the walls, floor and ceiling are all smooth, hard stone. It is as stable as any mine shaft can be.
The area is poorly-lit. The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice some exquisite pine mine supports, some average pine mine supports, a celestial-blue cedar-planked wagon, a burning brass lantern, a lead vein, an azurite vein (x3) and a glittering cavern.
Obvious exits: north (dark), south (dark).
(Type stop to stop auto-prospecting.)
You continue mining the area with your sturdy steel pickaxe. (M:1690)
Using your expertise in mining, you selectively prospect the area in search of azurite.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
(energy -9)
stop
You stop prospecting.

go cavern
[CHAT - Dennis]: and they just recently told us they had departed like 12 times, althea. that's not easy to work off
Wait 1 second. Queuing following command: go cavern
(You may clear your command queue at any time)

You head into a glittering cavern.
[Complete Darkness]
It's too dark to see anything here!
Obvious exits: unknown
[CHAT - Coanid]: These forageables really don't give much nutrition
o
[Reinforced Mine Shaft]
You also notice some exquisite pine mine supports, some average pine mine supports, a celestial-blue cedar-planked wagon, a burning brass lantern, a lead vein, an azurite vein (x3) and a glittering cavern.
Obvious exits: north (dark), south (dark).
get lant
You pick up a burning brass lantern with your left hand.

go cavern
You head into a glittering cavern.
[Glittering Cavern]
Obvious exits: out.
drop lant
You drop a burning brass lantern.

survey
(You find it somewhat difficult to survey the area due to the lack of adequate lighting.)
You make a thorough survey of the area, looking for any resources.
You find evidence that the following resources can be mined here:
a small chunk of crude cinnabar
a small chunk of rough emerald
a small chunk of crystalline quartz
a chunk of crude electrum-ore
a chunk of rough bloodsand
a chunk of cobalt-ore
Roundtime: 7 seconds.

o
You head out.

There was some moving of a wagon then getting a handcart and such here, skipping down to attempting to dig in the cavern room...

[Glittering Cavern]
You also notice a burning brass lantern and a pine handcart (being pulled by yourself).
Obvious exits: out (dark).
[CHAT - Coanid]: um
stop
You stop pulling a pine handcart.
[CHAT - Coanid]: I have a broken tankard.
get pick
You remove a sturdy steel pickaxe from the leather haft-frog you are wearing with your right hand.

dig
This area doesn't appear stable enough for digging.

prospect cobalt
You'll have to dig this room out a bit more before it will be ready for mining.

dig
This area doesn't appear stable enough for digging.

mine
You'll have to dig this room out a bit more before it will be ready for mining.
l
[Crude Tunnel]
Loose dirt and rocks fill the space in a haphazard way, the tunnel is highly unstable and needs a lot of work.
The area is poorly-lit. The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice a burning brass lantern and a pine handcart.
Obvious exits: out (dark).
survey
(You find it somewhat difficult to survey the area due to the lack of adequate lighting.)
You make a thorough survey of the area, looking for any resources.
You find evidence that the following resources can be mined here:
a small chunk of crude cinnabar
a small chunk of rough emerald
a small chunk of crystalline quartz
a chunk of crude electrum-ore
a chunk of rough bloodsand
a chunk of cobalt-ore
Roundtime: 7 seconds.

There you have it! Love the new mining system so far, and really excited that I finally got something other than shades or spiders. Oh and it spawned in my mine oh lord about six nort of the entrance, three northeast then one north? So ten deep I think? I don't know if the specific room it happened in is relevent.

Thanks again!!!
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Glittering Caverns Big Bug

Post by Lun »

Wow, congrats on the find! Sorry to hear about the bug. Hope they squish that fast!

Return to “Bug Reports”