Scars and Tattoos

Kiyaani

Scars and Tattoos

Post by Kiyaani »

I already bugged this, but it's been a few days and it's kind of important to one of my characters (and at least one character of another person's) to keep things under wraps.

It seems tattoos and scars are no longer being covered up appropriately by clothing or other worn items. I'm not sure when exactly it broke or how hard it will be to fix, but I just wanted to post a reminder here for it in case the bug report was missed. If it was already seen then I'm sorry for the repetition. Any feedback about when it might be fixed would be amazing but I know that's not always possible. If anyone knows a workaround that would be wonderful as well.

Thanks!
qinweiqi

Re: Scars and Tattoos

Post by qinweiqi »

Just a quick fyi/reminder, the bugcheck command is awesome. You can use it to track when the ticket gets closed.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'm going to need specifics about exactly where the scar is located and exactly what the wearslot and item noun of the item that is supposed to be covering the scar is.

If that's already in your bug report, great, I'll try and remember to check it next time I'm the code, assuming the bug was submitted under the same name as your forum account.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Yeah, I've noticed this bug too. None of Fayne's shirts are covering up the tattoo on her arm. Which, while you're at it, would be nice if it actually said which arm it's on and wear on her arm it is (Should be her right arm, up near the shoulder)
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Fayne wrote:Yeah, I've noticed this bug too. None of Fayne's shirts are covering up the tattoo on her arm. Which, while you're at it, would be nice if it actually said which arm it's on and wear on her arm it is (Should be her right arm, up near the shoulder)
Shirts need to be tagged with the 'longsleeves' tag in order to cover up arm tattoos. You'll need a GM to fix this for you manually, as it has to do with your item specifically, not the tattoo-covering code in general. Please make sure your shirt is available and REQUEST for a GM to add 'longsleeves' to your shirt's tags.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I've actually noticed it with a shirt that used to cover it, which needs to be fixed itself, since it's not supposed to cover her arms. I will send in a request next time I am with the shirt.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It used to be that only shirts specifically tagged as longsleeved would cover arm tattoos. This was at some point changed to make it so that all shirts covered tattoos anywhere on the arms, which reportedly made things weird with people wearing short-sleeved shirts and having their tats concealed, so it was reverted.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Are you sure when you reverted it that long-sleeved shirts didn't get messed up? Because all the shirts I tried are long-sleeved. I sent Jirato more details already.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Most long-sleeved shirts I've seen weren't properly tagged as such, so definitely ask to have one looked at if it's not working, but I'll look at the code too.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Okay, that makes sense. Maybe items that come in boxes should state if they are long sleeved or not? It can be confusing, since it's never stated whether they are or not.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Updated the code a bit to look for some obvious signs that a garment should be long-sleeved even if it isn't tagged as such, which should fix a lot of cases. Hopefully it isn't too inefficient.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks! <3
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Would coding custom-ordered clothes from shops that are called "long sleeved" (ie, long-sleeved black cotten blouse) to have the 'longsleeves' tag be possible?
Right now I've bought some long-sleeved stuff and most of them don't seem to be working like a long-sleeved shirt/tunic/blouse ought to.

I'll request at some point for the specific shirts to be fixed but this would be useful for long term :)
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Tamsin wrote:Would coding custom-ordered clothes from shops that are called "long sleeved" (ie, long-sleeved black cotten blouse) to have the 'longsleeves' tag be possible?
Right now I've bought some long-sleeved stuff and most of them don't seem to be working like a long-sleeved shirt/tunic/blouse ought to.

I'll request at some point for the specific shirts to be fixed but this would be useful for long term :)
Looking at the tattoo code now, and anything that has the text 'long-sleeve' in the pread (For your example, "long-sleeved black cotton") SHOULD be covering them. Though it's a bit of a hack in the LOOK code specifically and doesn't add the tag, so you might not be seeing the "Your tattoo/scar is covered." message when you wear/remove it. I updated the clothing wearslot updater to check the pread and add the tag if it was missing, which should cause it to generate that message now.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Jirato wrote:
Tamsin wrote:Would coding custom-ordered clothes from shops that are called "long sleeved" (ie, long-sleeved black cotten blouse) to have the 'longsleeves' tag be possible?

Looking at the tattoo code now, and anything that has the text 'long-sleeve' in the pread (For your example, "long-sleeved black cotton") SHOULD be covering them. Though it's a bit of a hack in the LOOK code specifically and doesn't add the tag, so you might not be seeing the "Your tattoo/scar is covered." message when you wear/remove it. I updated the clothing wearslot updater to check the pread and add the tag if it was missing, which should cause it to generate that message now.

Yay! It looks great, thanks a lot Jirato!

Return to “Bug Reports”