Fish sizing issues

qinweiqi

Fish sizing issues

Post by qinweiqi »

(1) Cooked fish fillets seem to be much larger than raw fish filets.

Code: Select all

count filet
You have the following items:

a filet of bass (in an iron skillet) (x12)
   a filet of carp (in an iron skillet) (x16)
   a filet of clawfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x2)
   a filet of crappie (in an iron skillet) (x2)
   a filet of gulper (in an iron skillet) (x10)
   a filet of mudfish (in an iron skillet) (x5)
   a filet of perch (in an iron skillet) (x6)
   a filet of river-duster (in an iron skillet) (x8)
   a filet of river-eel (in an iron skillet) (x2)
   a filet of rock-eater (in an iron skillet) (x5)
   a filet of salmon (in an iron skillet) (x6)
   a filet of suckerfish (in an iron skillet) (x6)
   a filet of trout (in an iron skillet) (x14)
(In total, you have 94 matching items.)

transfer clawfish filet from carry to skillet
You transfer 2 items from your intricately-folded silk carryall into an iron skillet.

cook
You hold your iron skillet over a cozy campfire.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.

l in skillet
In the iron skillet you see some cooked clawfish (x2), some cooked suckerfish (x5), a charred mass (x6), some cooked mudfish (x4), some cooked rock-eater (x5), some cooked river-duster (x7), some cooked river-eel (x2), some cooked trout (x14), some cooked salmon (x6), some cooked perch (x6), some cooked gulper (x10), some cooked bass (x12), some cooked crappie (x2) and some cooked carp (x13).
There is plenty of room left in the iron skillet.

empty skillet into carry
You empty 19 items from your iron skillet into an intricately-folded silk carryall.  There were also 69 items that did not fit.
This was particularly troubling since all of the filets in the skillet came from my carryall. Looking at the number of fish fillets I can put into my skillet, I'm guessing they are coded to be too small. Though the raw and cooked fillets should be smaller in volume and mass than the raw fish they were taken from (I think).

(1b) Side-bug: The skillet is actually very full with the cooked fish, and nothing can be added, but the full-ness of the skillet doesn't refresh until I try to put something else in it.

(2) Skewer cooked fish all provide the same level of sustenance regardless of fish size.

(3) Skewer cooked whole fish and cooked filets seem to provide the same level of sustenance (I haven't rigorously tested this, but it seems off to me since each fish produces 0-2 filets).

(4) Each fish produces 0-2 filets of the same size, regardless of the fish size.

(5) Fish sell for the same price in the market (assuming the market is depleted) regardless of size. (I would expect the market to generally pay less for smaller fish, except for perhaps one or two varieties for which the smaller fish are favored for superior flavor).

(6) The market treats the same fish of different sizes as different fish (IE, the market could be at flooded with average mirrorscale carp, but willing to buy small mirrorscale carp at normal market price).

I suspect many of these issues have been reported before (particularly 4 & 5), and are probably low priority. I just wanted to get all of these together to say I think fish merit a second look when someone has time. I'm willing to help if input would be useful (regarding 4-5, I'd suggest using the already existing weight and volume information for fish to scale filet/market values).
Jirato
DEV

Re: Fish sizing issues

Post by Jirato »

Looks more like a bug with transfer/empty not updating the container weights appropriately... again, argh. Thought I fixed that.

If you cook normally with get/put, do you experience the same issues you described (minus the market stuff).

Also, don't be surprised if there's a nerf to skillet capacity in the future. it's pretty crazy that you can have all that in there at once! Due to item weights, we may just have to hard-code an item quantity limit like we do with the mortar and pestle, say, 5 items in a skillet at once maybe.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Barius

Post by Barius »

Skillet capacity is normally 6. The reason more was possible was due to the transfer bug.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Wanted to add this for Jirato:

I can't recall exact fish capacity, but it is dependent on whole fish vs filet though I'm not even sure you can dump entire fish on the skillet. Also, the ratio changes if you have some herbs vs others. An example would be an onion instead of a sprig of rosemary. Rosemary is smaller so in the case with say... a skillet of meat strips, you can still get 20 strips and get the rosemary. If it were onion, only 19 strips would fit.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Actually, depending on the actual size of the filets or chunks of meat, it's reasonable to fit 20 or so of them into a single skillet. I can cook 2 lbs of chicken in one of my pans, and it can be a tight squeeze, but cut into strips they do all fit.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Lae

Post by Lae »

I must have the gimped skillet, I can only fit five pieces of fish fillet or whole into mine, and two herbs.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Jirato wrote:Looks more like a bug with transfer/empty not updating the container weights appropriately... again, argh. Thought I fixed that.

If you cook normally with get/put, do you experience the same issues you described (minus the market stuff).

Also, don't be surprised if there's a nerf to skillet capacity in the future. it's pretty crazy that you can have all that in there at once! Due to item weights, we may just have to hard-code an item quantity limit like we do with the mortar and pestle, say, 5 items in a skillet at once maybe.

Code: Select all

a filet of bass (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x22)
   a filet of carp (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x14)
   a filet of clawfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x11)
   a filet of crappie (in a soft dark brown suede bag)
   a filet of crappie (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x21)
   a filet of gulper (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x21)
   a filet of mudfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x25)
   a filet of perch (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x31)
   a filet of river-duster (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x10)
   a filet of river-eel (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x6)
   a filet of rock-eater (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x12)
   a filet of salmon (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x20)
   a filet of suckerfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x8)
   a filet of trout (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x69)
(In total, you have 271 matching items.)

a filet of bass (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x22)
   a filet of carp (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x14)
   a filet of clawfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x11)
   a filet of crappie (in a soft dark brown suede bag)
   a filet of crappie (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x21)
   a filet of gulper (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x21)
   a filet of mudfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x25)
   a filet of perch (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x31)
   a filet of river-duster (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x10)
   a filet of river-eel (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x6)
   a filet of rock-eater (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x12)
   a filet of salmon (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x20)
   a filet of suckerfish (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x8)
   a filet of trout (in an intricately-folded silk carryall) (x40)
   a filet of trout (in an iron skillet) (x29)
(In total, you have 271 matching items.)

cook
You hold your iron skillet over a burning deep rock-lined firepit.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.
l in skillet
In the iron skillet you see some cooked trout (x29).
The iron skillet barely has any room left in it.

empty skillet into carry
You empty 5 items from your iron skillet into an intricately-folded silk carryall.  There were also 24 items that did not fit.
Ok, so the number of uncooked filets in my bag is from get/put rather than transfer. I'm not inclined to complain because it certainly benefits me, but 271 uncooked filets seems like a lot to put into a bag.

The skillet was then filled with get/put and held 29 uncooked filets. Cooking added a lot of weight, because only 5 could be put back into the bag.
Lae wrote:I must have the gimped skillet, I can only fit five pieces of fish fillet or whole into mine, and two herbs.
Cherish you're 'gimped' skillet. Those on the market that I can find are limited to small items and thus cannot hold whole fish.

Return to “Bug Reports”