Wyrvardn Bugs

jilliana

Wyrvardn Bugs

Post by jilliana »

There was a change made some time back stating that tasks would be based off of a player's offense and defense and takes more combat styles into account. Characters should only be sent against critters (or into their associated areas) where foe average skill level is equal to or less than the player character's.

I am being sent to places that far exceed my skill level.

Example is as follows from the infested logging camp:
An infested bowman fires an arrow at Jilliana! (+*****) (R:2537 vs D:864) 8 pierce damage -- to the right arm, greatly deflected by some iron vambraces.

He clearly has three times as much offense as my defense. I could only get one and a half critters in before I was badly hurt and I was with someone.

I should point out as well that I was sent to Southern Thaelsh, had to reject that because of the skill level, and then got sent to the infested logging camp. I am also getting sent to places like the canim camp and the Woodland Trail, which aren't too shabby except for the fact that I have no choice but to wear a greathelm and then get whipped.

I was hoping someone could look at my tasks to see if there was something buggy?

Another thing I noticed is that I don't seem to be getting any guild point benefits for anything I do. Mercenaries get slight gains for fighting, Templar get the same for killing netherim, etc, but Wyrvardn don't seem to have any of that going for them at the moment. Is that something that is a possibility for this guild?
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lae

Re: Wyrvardn Bugs

Post by Lae »

What is your dodge or weapon skills? Tactic? Armor? What are some of the things that you're using?

Showing one attack and saying that it's unfair isn't enough information.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'm not about to post all my skills here. I figured I'd point it out to a GM and let them take it from there.

It pretty much goes without saying that tasks cover a wide variety of skills that aren't quite so clear at the outset.

Hopefully a GM will shed some light on the matter. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lae

Post by Lae »

Sorry, I figured since you were posting here you wanted some input with players too.
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Well I'll just chime in here, once again, even though I'm not a GM anymore and give a few tidbits and helpful hints. Another GM will surely chime in and tell us if I'm wrong, so this hurts nobody. Right?

Firstly the thing that has been drilled into my head since I started playing this mud is that if you train dodge, make sure that you have a comparable weapon skill in the same range. Any task calculator isn't going to NOT take dodge into consideration because the purpose of a task is to challenge you based on your abilities. If you have an insanely high dodge, and weapon skill half that, you're going to probably get some creatures that are a lot harder to hit.

I had that problem with my mercenary for a little while, and I'm pretty sure this is why basic training isn't a huge thing that is offered to guilds anymore. Getting those skills would put you in a place where combat is more difficult and you don't get a chance to be a real newbie, learning about combat from the slightly less terrifying mobs that we have in the newbie areas.

I took the time to train my weapon skill, as my merc, to about the point my dodge was at and things improved a LOT. There are still tasks that are more difficult than others but I compensate that by taking a friend, flanking like a madwoman, and using my warhorse to my advantage. Especially since she can only wear leather armor, and gets wrecked pretty easily in it.

So my advice to you would be to consider your dodge and weapon skills, and if there is a large gap, take a bit of time to practice your swords in slightly less dangerous places and once the two skills get a bit closer in numbers, you should see a difference in the difficulty of your tasks.

Unless you go to the logger camp. F that place, it's a death trap.

The guild points thing seems wonky as heck though. I'd have emailed the GM's regarding that so it gets resolved quickly.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

More information is always better. Knowing only your defense roll for a single attack, we still don't know what your offensive capability is (these tasks are based on an average of your best offense and defense), and we also don't know if you're using a tactic or are under any effects to alter your rolls, or how much your armor might have affected your roll for that single attack, etc.

The problem here appears to be with the logging camp area, rather than the task. My guess is that the task was based on the infested loggers in the area, which are about half as skilled as the bowmen whom also spawn there. So I'll look at either adjusting those two critters to be similar skill, or just removing one of them. Please report any other common task areas that have critters in the same area with such widely varied skill ranges.

From what I know of Jilliana's skills, she's perfectly capable of dealing with southern Thaelsh.

I'll look at guild point accruals for Wyrvardn.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thanks in advance Rias. :)

Return to “Bug Reports”