Broken Clothing Items

Kiyaani

Broken Clothing Items

Post by Kiyaani »

It was mentioned briefly in the recent skype call, but could we please get a list of slots that are broken so we can start gathering and sorting bugged clothing items for repair?
Zoiya

Re: Broken Clothing Items

Post by Zoiya »

It's not the items itself, it's the location they are worn in. So making a list means you might think you have things that are broken, which are not. When something comes up broken, and it's not all that often, we will find you and fix it.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I'm not sure if that is true. Today the bug occurred because I put on a bad item, usually I get the message "you can't wear that."
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

We saw that the item was broken today as soon as you attempted to put it on. Carry on with your clothing and when we see a bug, we'll fix it. It's the best we can do until the system has been fully restored to its functional state.
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

get leather stock
You remove a pair of leather stockings inset with panels of swallow-patterned lace from inside a varnished oak dresser with your right hand.

EAvd>
wear stock
You can't wear that.
Do the GMs see that one? Because the other item was the one that was fixed. This one I tried to put on earlier and no one contacted me about it.

This happens frequently which is why we'd like a list or some better information about how to get these bugs addressed.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The system is being looked at so that these problems won't exist anymore. If you have a piece of clothing that you can't wear in general, try to examine it. If that doesn't work put them all in one container and I will come in and fix them all at one time. I'm sorry that you're having an issue, but right now, we can only fix the issue as it happens.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

The problem is examining doesn't tell us if it's going to break or not. We would literally have to wear each piece or try to wear each piece and look at ourselves which would then spam you with bug messaging.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

There isn't a list that I could give you, which is the problem. I can't tell you which items are likely to break. It's the code that is the issue, not the clothing itself. So please, if you run across something you can't wear or causes a bug, we will fix it manually for you until the system itself is fixed.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Just to clarify a bit more.

When the layered clothing system was revamped, we created a list of common garment nouns and where their appropriate wear location would be. Any newly-acquired garments should be fine, but if you have an older character with a lot of garments or found garments that have been in storage for a long time, it attempts to fix them using this list. Not all nouns are accounted for on the list. If it doesn't recognize the garment, then it could end up with what is considered an invalid wear location. If you wind up wearing an item like that, you will get a "Command execution failed" message when you look at yourself, attempt to remove the item, or (possibly, not sure), use the inventory command.

We can't really give a list of the items that are bugged in this manner, since the whole reason they're bugged is because they're not on our list.

If you attempt to wear an item and just get a message that you can't wear it but don't see a command execution failed message, we likely don't see it. As Zoiya said, one of us will have to contact you and look at the items to fix them individually, so please set them aside and submit a BUG report with the details of the item(s).

You never have to worry about spamming us with messages as a result of your actions. The whole reason we put those messages in is so that we can be aware of bugs, if we didn't want them, we'd just take them out.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Octavia wrote:This happens frequently which is why we'd like a list or some better information about how to get these bugs addressed.
The best practice is to report and/or bug issues when you come across them, as with any bug you might encounter.

We can't prepare a list of items that we know are still going to be broken because we've already tried to account for cases where an item would be broken/in need of updating. If they're still broken, there's obviously something about them that we didn't know to account for, and therefore didn't realize would cause them to be broken, so we wouldn't know to add them to a list in the first place.

For instance, I had no idea a "facinator" was a type of clothing, let alone a real word, so it wasn't on the list of auto-updating garments.

If you'd like to go to the effort of preparing your own list of funkily-nouned items (and what they actually are/where they're worn) and other garments that you know are still broken and posting them here, that would be wonderful. We try to fix issues as they happen if not preemptively, but we can't guarantee someone will be around to instantly fix things the moment they occur.
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Facinator isn't a real word. Fascinator on the other hand is.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Fascinators sound fascinating. Are they fasteners of some kind? No, but seriously, what is a fascinator?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I prefer hatinator. It sounds like a Doofenschmirtz -inator device. Hehe

Also, the picture on that page looks like something is attcking that lady's head. Fascinators are scary. Oops, I mean hatinators.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.

Return to “Bug Reports”